Sziget 2023

#1SzigetFan

BF5FB3E0-E732-4D9A-8084-E7FA5298EF87.jpeg.2190a2fa2f512e4ab75b9124ffcaeaed.thumb.jpeg.0b7f4963902ce496f80d47fd820293de.jpeg

Still nothing for Hungary, so...

1 hour ago, swelsbyuk said:

I think RHCP and Florence will both be in with a shout. Still think Coldplay are just too big, but their 2023 tour dates do seem to finish just before festival season begins so you never know.

Hope the undercard manages to squeeze in some acts like Self Esteem, Sports Team, Confidence Man, Gang of Youths, Fever 333, Foals, Glass Animals etc etc.

also, about Florence : why again ? already here 2 editions ago. Many artists/band will be available for a headline spot.

Edited by Matt86
forgot the pic

Posted August 24, 2021

Does anyone have any ideas on who will be playing. I have looked at a few bands floating about at the time. He are my thoughts before I get shot down. 

I see KOL, Killers,  Foo’s and Metallica are about. I am not sure about the last 2 but I can see there is a gap between the killers and KOL before they return to the US so I can see one off them. A Big name.DJ or rapper but I can't see who is about. George Ezra is a good shout he is playing a gig in the UK and always a shout for a festival. Possibly Lewis Capaldi or Gerry Cinnomam .  Looking at Mad Cool and a few other tours I would like to see Wolf Alice, Biffy, maybe Blossom, war on drugs, Royal Blood. editors and maybe a Gallagher again. I can see it being more pop acts but if I get a few off these I will be happy. 

I can also see a big name female artist like Dua but they may go for a different name and try and get Billy again. Dua was decent a few years ago and I would rather have her. 

August 22,2022

That was my first prediction last year and here goes for next year. I had a few right and along the lines off a few others but that was about it. 

1. Coldplay-Do we think this means that they will be playing?  They may have a few festivals after there dates and it looks like it could tie in. I think they will be a good shout and pull in a few folk to start with. I would like to see the line up a bit earlier this year but that's never going to happen. Leaks is really wrong so I am going with them as the first name out the hat.

2.  Another band on the same level as KOL, not that expensive but fills a gap.  RAM,RHCP,Green Day, Muse and lots more but too expensive but I live in hope. Probably more like Foals or Jack White

3. Female pop Act, I can’t see Florence again, it’s too soon and I know they done it for Dua I don't think she has the same pull. I am going for Billie or Katy Perry. I would love to see Lorde but she is not big enough. 

4. Male pop act, Harry Styles will be a great pull. 

5. DJ, SHM/David Guetta  or Any the top DJ's doing the Saturday night. 

6. I am going for a Rap act- Travis Scott or Kendrick again? 

Kasabian/Stormzy/Sam Fender? in the Mix? 

Under card could see anyone but there was a large Irish crowd and they filled the venues that had Fontaine’s and Inhaler so I can see one of them returning or even Snow Patrol. Possible-  Poula Nutini, Blossom, Mable and so many more that could be playing

1 hour ago, Davidoff said:

Posted August 24, 2021

Does anyone have any ideas on who will be playing. I have looked at a few bands floating about at the time. He are my thoughts before I get shot down. 

I see KOL, Killers,  Foo’s and Metallica are about. I am not sure about the last 2 but I can see there is a gap between the killers and KOL before they return to the US so I can see one off them. A Big name.DJ or rapper but I can't see who is about. George Ezra is a good shout he is playing a gig in the UK and always a shout for a festival. Possibly Lewis Capaldi or Gerry Cinnomam .  Looking at Mad Cool and a few other tours I would like to see Wolf Alice, Biffy, maybe Blossom, war on drugs, Royal Blood. editors and maybe a Gallagher again. I can see it being more pop acts but if I get a few off these I will be happy. 

I can also see a big name female artist like Dua but they may go for a different name and try and get Billy again. Dua was decent a few years ago and I would rather have her. 

August 22,2022

That was my first prediction last year and here goes for next year. I had a few right and along the lines off a few others but that was about it. 

1. Coldplay-Do we think this means that they will be playing?  They may have a few festivals after there dates and it looks like it could tie in. I think they will be a good shout and pull in a few folk to start with. I would like to see the line up a bit earlier this year but that's never going to happen. Leaks is really wrong so I am going with them as the first name out the hat.

2.  Another band on the same level as KOL, not that expensive but fills a gap.  RAM,RHCP,Green Day, Muse and lots more but too expensive but I live in hope. Probably more like Foals or Jack White

3. Female pop Act, I can’t see Florence again, it’s too soon and I know they done it for Dua I don't think she has the same pull. I am going for Billie or Katy Perry. I would love to see Lorde but she is not big enough. 

4. Male pop act, Harry Styles will be a great pull. 

5. DJ, SHM/David Guetta  or Any the top DJ's doing the Saturday night. 

6. I am going for a Rap act- Travis Scott or Kendrick again? 

Kasabian/Stormzy/Sam Fender? in the Mix? 

Under card could see anyone but there was a large Irish crowd and they filled the venues that had Fontaine’s and Inhaler so I can see one of them returning or even Snow Patrol. Possible-  Poula Nutini, Blossom, Mable and so many more that could be playing

If something, Coldplay's announcement proves that they will NOT be at Sziget, sincer their tour leg ends in july. Shoe in for Werchter Boutique, but I doubt they will play festivals: they are just too big.

Foals is not headliner material for Sziget (especially after the last album not so well received): weren't in 2020's lineup, will not be in 2023. Jack White as a head is also a little too weak. I'd go with RHCP/Green Day/The Strokes tho (Muse would fit more a Arctic Monkeys magnitude).

Agree on Billie Eilish, or Taylor Swift, or Katy Perry. I will also add that they rocked everytime they picked a female headliner, post 2014, except for Ellie Goulding and Rihanna. Also, agree on Harry Styles: if he will tour, he will be in, period. Otherwise, I look towards Shawn Mendes again, was leaked for 2020.

DJ-wise, anybody is fine, they are all the same as long as they draw in the top 10 of DJ Mag

Rap act would be expectable: the two rock acts this year were the lowest selling (they will address it on the heads, but KoL day was Empty), and hip hop is an heavy tendency that Sziget does not seem to have picked up yet (Wiz, Malone and Kendrick and that's it). Eminem would be the table turner, but it has been so many years he has been hyped by people on forums that I would not believe in it. Kendrick/Travis or some trapper would make sense in my book.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

If something, Coldplay's announcement proves that they will NOT be at Sziget, sincer their tour leg ends in july. Shoe in for Werchter Boutique, but I doubt they will play festivals: they are just too big.

Foals is not headliner material for Sziget (especially after the last album not so well received): weren't in 2020's lineup, will not be in 2023. Jack White as a head is also a little too weak. I'd go with RHCP/Green Day/The Strokes tho (Muse would fit more a Arctic Monkeys magnitude).

Agree on Billie Eilish, or Taylor Swift, or Katy Perry. I will also add that they rocked everytime they picked a female headliner, post 2014, except for Ellie Goulding and Rihanna. Also, agree on Harry Styles: if he will tour, he will be in, period. Otherwise, I look towards Shawn Mendes again, was leaked for 2020.

DJ-wise, anybody is fine, they are all the same as long as they draw in the top 10 of DJ Mag

Rap act would be expectable: the two rock acts this year were the lowest selling (they will address it on the heads, but KoL day was Empty), and hip hop is an heavy tendency that Sziget does not seem to have picked up yet (Wiz, Malone and Kendrick and that's it). Eminem would be the table turner, but it has been so many years he has been hyped by people on forums that I would not believe in it. Kendrick/Travis or some trapper would make sense in my book.

I think Coldplay will headline big weekend next year and also Isle of Wight 

6 hours ago, Davidoff said:

Posted August 24, 2021

August 22,2022

lool man ! you named exactly 16 artists, and had 3 rights ! (KoL, Capaldi and Dua lipa, which were already announced for 2020 lol) Or you're being ironic, in which case welle done 😂

5 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

I agree Coldplay seems too big for festivals. But after all, Justin Bieber is the second artists the most listenned on Spotify, so we could say the same about him.. That what make me think, Coldplay at Sziget 2023, not that impossible. (even if I'd rather prefer smaller acts, I hate when people are coming very very early at the mainStage and wait... You said the crowd for Kings of Leon was empty : a bit exagerated lol, but that was to me the perfect crowd, people were enjoying the show without having difficulties to "move their arms" in the pit)

But yeah... I understand Sziget has to sell out 1 or 2 days at least, so...

11 hours ago, Matt86 said:

I agree Coldplay seems too big for festivals. But after all, Justin Bieber is the second artists the most listenned on Spotify, so we could say the same about him.. That what make me think, Coldplay at Sziget 2023, not that impossible. (even if I'd rather prefer smaller acts, I hate when people are coming very very early at the mainStage and wait... You said the crowd for Kings of Leon was empty : a bit exagerated lol, but that was to me the perfect crowd, people were enjoying the show without having difficulties to "move their arms" in the pit)

But yeah... I understand Sziget has to sell out 1 or 2 days at least, so...

Not a bad analysis on the surface, but there is a bias in this analysis IMO. 

JB has a show that on its own is less expensive: no gimmick, no weird stuff - just a guy playing playback songs while dancing with his stupid 00 pants, with around some dancers and a band. No fire, no light bracelets, nothing out of the ordinary. The cost of production is relatively low and the cost of the show is high because of Justin Bieber's cachet and agent's royalties, et cetera.

Coldplay is the best/worst of both worlds: the band gets a very high cachet, the cost of production of the show was already humungous on its own, before they started their ecology campaign (not relevant if that is a green-washing operation or not).

When you compare Coldplay's expense with anybody else in the market at the moment, I find it very hard to find a competition.

If they can get Ed Sheeran, Coldplay isn't much of a stretch i think.

Surprised nobody is talking about the sziget NFTs. probably would rule out coldplay actually them

Edited by gfa

1 hour ago, thetime said:

The big rumour is a blur reunion, hopefully one of gorillaz or blur play.

I mean, gorillaz announced new song like 2 months ago and new single (with Tame Impala) is coming out at the end of the month,... so it looks like there will be a new album so I think Gorillaz is more likely to come than Blur 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 hour ago, thetime said:

The big rumour is a blur reunion, hopefully one of gorillaz or blur play.

Seems so, at least for Wembley for the 30th anniversary of Parklife: https://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/blur/reports-reunite-wembley-parklife-30th-anniversary/

Next year it would also mark 10 years since Blur were at Sziget for the first time.

Between the two, I would definitely prefer Blur. Gorillaz already played in Budapest 3 times between 2017 and 2018 (T-Mobile Beats + Budapest Arena in 2017 and Sziget 2018).

1 hour ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Seems so, at least for Wembley for the 30th anniversary of Parklife: https://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/blur/reports-reunite-wembley-parklife-30th-anniversary/

Next year it would also mark 10 years since Blur were at Sziget for the first time.

Between the two, I would definitely prefer Blur. Gorillaz already played in Budapest 3 times between 2017 and 2018 (T-Mobile Beats + Budapest Arena in 2017 and Sziget 2018).

I agree. I'm kinda sick of Gorillaz, come on, there's plenty of major acts possible as headliners.. A BIT OF ORIGINALITY PLEASE !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, thetime said:

Rock werchter is a week later, probably werchter classic or stand alone.

ah my bad, i knew it was the case for mad cool but thought that he was actually doing Werchter

11 minutes ago, reflekting said:

I am speculating that the following will be touring and will headline -

Florence & The Machine

David Guetta

Robbie Williams

The Weeknd

Liam Gallagher

Placebo

I think Liam Gallagher would headline, in 2018 he was performing before Dua Lipa and I think he's not that big outside UK 😕