Sziget 2023

#1SzigetFan

On 8/18/2023 at 9:54 AM, branvan said:

They did a big step forward. All was green at the beginning, and the dust was ok like this. Much much better than last year. The ground looked nice, the toilets have been enough and clean, and there is such diversity with having the Global Village with bands from everywhere. 

The only thing i didn't like was the Music Box being overbassed from the Collessium. They had such gread artists there like ISE, Amistat or Charlie Cunningham, Festivalhighlights for me, and important to Sziget that there is as well place for this accoustic music. It was very strange hearing Amistat/Charlie Cunningham including the sound from the Collosseum. They must find another place for the Music Box, maybe somewhere totally new, just after the entrace, where it is not this loud. 

My three favourite concerts: 1 M83, 2 Ben Böhmer, 3 The Haunted Youth

Thats actually why Cunningham set was shorter, he was pissed off about the collosseum + karaoke we could hear during his set. I agree, this Music Box should have been somewhere else.

Otherwise, I agree with 90% that have already been said here, many improvments have been made, including the grass, decorations, showers + toilets,... really nice 🙂

Only the line up was weaker, and the empty main stage most of the time (caroline polachek and arlo parks, that was embarassing..) will lead the prod' to make efforts next year, no doubts about it.

Loved this edition.  World music stage was in such a good position this year.   Europe stage could be swapped with drop yard stage to make europe have more footfall.  I would put music box near the festival entrance where it’s quieter.  

dream would be to make Mastercard outside in the future.   I’m not a huge fan of the tent.

there seems to be a change in clientele this year to more day guests.  This changed the dynamic of the festival and takes away from the smaller stages.  Good to see they are pushing week tickets next year to improve this.