Sziget 2023

#1SzigetFan

2 hours ago, billybigballs said:

Iron Maiden in 2010. Korn (are they metal?) a couple of years later.

Nothing for a decade, basically. Not going to happen.

yep, sadly... 😕 In 2019 we had "Of Mice & Men" at the  A38, in 2022 "cleopatrick" at the Europe stage (not really metal, but it was good though ^^) .. I would love sziget to offer us at least 1 metal act per day, even on a small stage.. ! damn they have changed so much.. 😞

On 9/15/2022 at 6:19 AM, #1SzigetFan said:

The only metal band I can see headlining Sziget one day is Metallica.

Agreed. Maybe Rage too. it has to be someone that week ticket people will want to say they have seen like Foos in 2019

Edited by gfa
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Nikky said:

Katy Parry is going on world tour next year. 

interesting, where did you see that ?

4 hours ago, thetime said:

foo fighters are hardly metal or even hard rock. 

agreed ; this is pure Rock. And it fits Sziget perfectly, a very nice souvenir from the 2019 edition 🙂

3 hours ago, Matt86 said:

FdEhKriWAAEM2GG.thumb.jpg.17c7db68293016872fbf5b9268227da0.jpg.7a47a081a4d5f1abc2dd3897e3be8c4b.jpg

If it's true : That's beautiful ^^ My dream of seing Blink-182 back at Sziget is reborn lol..

The first two headliners I saw in my life, at Sziget 2014, were Blink-182 followed by Deadmau5. I will always appreciate Blink because they set the bar so low that a pretty good show by Deadmau5 became a massive life-changing experience in comparison. As of today, they were the worst headliner I witnessed on the main stage, after Rihanna and David Guetta.

So, who would you all like to see headline next year. Not necessarily who you think will, just who you'd like. Top three.

My eclectic mix:

- The Killers - not the greatest band but have a great back catalogue of bangers.

- Miley Cyrus - I'm not the right demographic to be a Miley fan, but love her voice and think she'd put on a great show

- Eminem - probably the only act that would guarantee my attendance in 2023.

9 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

So, who would you all like to see headline next year. Not necessarily who you think will, just who you'd like. Top three.

My eclectic mix:

- The Killers - not the greatest band but have a great back catalogue of bangers.

- Miley Cyrus - I'm not the right demographic to be a Miley fan, but love her voice and think she'd put on a great show

- Eminem - probably the only act that would guarantee my attendance in 2023.

I would give a kind of "identity" to Sziget in their headliners choices, every year. And my 2023 babys would be :

* Rock act 1 : My Chemical Romance or Panic! at the Disco

* Classic / Legend act : R.E.M or No Doubt

* Female act : Katy Perry or P!nk

* EDM act : Armin Van Buuren or Martin Garrix

* Pop act : Imagine Dragons or Coldplay

* Rap / HipHop act : Eminem or Outkast

Went in 2019 and loved it, have tickets to next year already and hoping for a similarly balanced line up!

Top for me would be something like:

Pop Act - Coldplay

Rock Act - Green Day

EDM Act - Kygo

Rap Act - Stormzy

Classic Act - Elton John

Female Act - Pink

At least that’s my close to ideal! Would love to be surprised by some that I don’t know though!

Edited by Gloch
  • Like 1