Sziget 2023

#1SzigetFan

On 8/23/2022 at 8:14 AM, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Gorillaz - I hope not but could be, hopefully Blur rather than them, Taylor Swift - hopefully but I think she would be expensive,  Harry Styles - still a good shout and also expensive. 

Arcade Fire -they could be out of Europe but I think there will be a band similar to that and I would like to see them play. 

Robbie could well play but I am not sure he is a big pull for the age demographics but he would be a good shout. 

Maybe we will have a Robbie and Liam co headliners 😂

Guetta is as good a shout as any. 

On 8/27/2022 at 1:39 PM, ReljaGajić said:

I think Liam Gallagher would headline, in 2018 he was performing before Dua Lipa and I think he's not that big outside UK 😕

The budget might need to stretch now. I also don't think Liam would accept lower than headline after all the shows he has done for the past year. 

2 hours ago, reflekting said:

The budget might need to stretch now. I also don't think Liam would accept lower than headline after all the shows he has done for the past year. 

Liam is far from big outside the UK. In Belgium he played for an hour under Pixies and Editors in a tent, 3 weeks ago.

At Lowlands in The Netherlands, one week later, his tent was half empty too... 

1 hour ago, activean said:

Maybe Noel co-head is more realistic at this point?

Finding a cheap and decent Airbnb is a nightmare. Try to book 300€ rooms, owner said dates are not available and change the price to 1300€ for 6 days. 

You will need to wait as most Air B&Bs dont take bookings this far in advance. You will get somewhere no bother in a few months. Also a few hotels are coming in about £400 for the week on the normal sites.  Even if you book them may email back that they are not taken bookings this far in advance. 

Just get anywhere on the main drag where the 4 or 6 tram goes there were loads in the last week this year. 

Noel or Kasabian would be a great shout, not that expensive and a good pull for the Ire/UK. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2022 at 4:42 PM, activean said:

Finding a cheap and decent Airbnb is a nightmare. Try to book 300€ rooms, owner said dates are not available and change the price to 1300€ for 6 days. 

Try messaging the host before booking and ask if the price is right for the chosen dates, and also look for a superhost because they are less likely to cancel the booking. I managed to book a place for 2022 a year in advance (so I booked an Airbnb in August of 2021) and there was 5 of us who paid 80 euros each for 10 days 🤠 

See you soon from leaks but that could mean anything.  They are always the last to announce anything. Maybe we will hear in October November time then in February again.  Depeche Mode are about next year, I am not sure how much they would fit in but I would like them. 

Royal Blood, Dua Lipa and Muse maybe be announced for Leeds and they often have the same.headliners. 

On 9/6/2022 at 12:43 PM, activean said:

Could we get anything lineup wise in October ?

So I did a little bit of research:

2018 - Szitizen Prime tickets (first tickets) were announced at the beginning of November in 2017 and first names mid January 2018, full lineup at the end of May

2019 - First name, 20th September (because Ed Sheeran was announcing his tour), Szitizen Prime tikcets (again, first tickets) 1st of October, full lineup at the beginning of May

2020 - Szitizen Prime tickets (first tickets) 14th of November, first names mid February

2022 - Season Sale tickets (first tickets) 12th of August, Szitizen Prime 9th of October, first names end of November, full lineup mid of June

So... this year they had super early bird tickets for next year right after the festival, Szitizen Prime tickets should come before first lineup announcement and I assume that will be somewhere in October and that we will get first names later in October or maybe even November. 

I also wanted to throw out some possible names for the next year just by looking at tour dates and upcoming albums. The Weeknd (he should announce European tour since he is finishing with the tour in the US soon) Gorillaz (will put out a new album in February), Post Malone (has a new album out and will be done with tour in the US in February), Harry Styles and Coldplay (both on tour in Europe, but not really sure about them). And for the DJ headliner could be anyone from Balaton Sound from this year since they are always switching acts  between 3 main festivals (Volt, Sziget, Balaton Sound)  so... Martin Garrix, Marshmello, Alesso, Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike. I could add more stuff but I think this is enough for now ✌️

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ReljaGajić said:

I also wanted to throw out some possible names for the next year just by looking at tour dates and upcoming albums. The Weeknd (he should announce European tour since he is finishing with the tour in the US soon) Gorillaz (will put out a new album in February), Post Malone (has a new album out and will be done with tour in the US in February), Harry Styles and Coldplay (both on tour in Europe, but not really sure about them). And for the DJ headliner could be anyone from Balaton Sound from this year since they are always switching acts  between 3 main festivals (Volt, Sziget, Balaton Sound)  so... Martin Garrix, Marshmello, Alesso, Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike. I could add more stuff but I think this is enough for now ✌️

Would be surprised if at least 2 of the names mentioned above will not end up being in the lineup...

My money are on:

- Gorillaz: still indie and sort of guitar driven, and yet have so much appeal for the mainstream crowd

- The Weeknd: perfect follow up in the search for the biggest solo pop artist in the market, following Sheeran and Bieber.

The EDM name, assuming it will be only one this year (it would be fairplay because they are basically all the same, but Calvin Harris sold so well and they are so thirsty for money that it would be a lost occasion), could be basically anybody - Sziget has its favorite, like Garrix or DV&LM, but just pick anybody from the top 10 of DJ Mag's and we are good.

2 hours ago, activean said:

Muse will announce tour updates next week + Paramore are hinting new era/comeback. 

Are Paramore big enough to headline? I like them but have no idea of their popularity.

I'd rather spend the evening breaking my own fingers than have to endure the noise Muse makes.

4 hours ago, billybigballs said:

Are Paramore big enough to headline? I like them but have no idea of their popularity.

I'd rather spend the evening breaking my own fingers than have to endure the noise Muse makes.

No I don't think so. My Chemical Romance would headline before Paramore.

About Muse... since they became an electro-pop band, I agree with you : absolutely no interest of listenning to them anymore.

14 hours ago, Matt86 said:

No I don't think so. My Chemical Romance would headline before Paramore.

About Muse... since they became an electro-pop band, I agree with you : absolutely no interest of listenning to them anymore.

Agreed - since their third album, Muse have become a joke pop band. 

The tickets for the Rammstein gig at Puskas Ferenc stadium are sold out for the 11th of July 2023, so they added an extra day for the 12th. Sziget missed a great opportunity to bring the most wanted rock band in Europe right now.

I think that only RHCP with Frusciante could be as interesting as Rammstein from the rock bands. Or maybe a Blur / Oasis reunion.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

5 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

The tickets for the Rammstein gig at Puskas Ferenc stadium are sold out for the 11th of July 2023, so they added an extra day for the 12th. Sziget missed a great opportunity to bring the most wanted rock band in Europe right now.

I think that only RHCP with Frusciante could be as interesting as Rammstein from the rock bands. Or maybe a Blur / Oasis reunion.

You can't really miss an opportunity if the band has no intention to play festivals. Rammstein are only doing stadium shows with their current production and it probably won't change in foreseeable future.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3