2023 Ticket Sale Date(?)

Time Being

1 hour ago, StevieMcK said:

It's usually the first Sunday in October and it always clashes with the Great Scottish Run later on that morning (which means I'm either on cloud nine and loving life for 13 miles or absolutely pissed off that I never got a ticket). 

I reckon it'll be the 2nd October this year. 

It's actually coach tickets that are first, the first Thursday in October. And the main sale the following Sunday. So 6th and 9th.

Edited by briddj

1 hour ago, StevieMcK said:

It's usually the first Sunday in October and it always clashes with the Great Scottish Run later on that morning (which means I'm either on cloud nine and loving life for 13 miles or absolutely pissed off that I never got a ticket). 

I reckon it'll be the 2nd October this year. 

Really hope not; that's London Marathon day.

4 hours ago, Splatt said:

Crazy to think that only a few years back they only sold tickets a couple months before fest. Now everything has to be booked so far in advance.

Not really a few years back, those two years were a biip.  As per @Gnomicide it's been very swift for ages now. 

12 hours ago, SighMo said:

Really hope not; that's London Marathon day.

I mean, I confirmed it wouldn't be in the first reply to this thread. Literally the first response made it clear when the sale date would be, and there's been more than a page of debate since... 

1 minute ago, blutarsky said:

I mean, I confirmed it wouldn't be in the first reply to this thread. Literally the first response made it clear when the sale date would be, and there's been more than a page of debate since... 

That's eFests for ya

5 hours ago, blutarsky said:

5 hours ago, nikkic said:

That's eFests for ya

I mean, I was just responding to a different user ref. coinciding with another running event about a date that’s yet to be confirmed. Apologies if it irks you guys. Great to feel welcome in these threads.    

2 hours ago, SighMo said:

I mean, I was just responding to a different user ref. coinciding with another running event about a date that’s yet to be confirmed. Apologies if it irks you guys. Great to feel welcome in these threads.    

It wasn’t a slight on you! 

More a joke about how eFests chat can rumble on and on. 

On 7/13/2022 at 3:16 PM, Skip997 said:

And then in 1986 we had the amazing storm on the Saturday that turned the Cure set into something truly spectacular, esp under the influence of LSD.

i was there for that storm, was fabulous, wannit?

1 minute ago, Neil said:

i was there for that storm, was fabulous, wannit?

Brilliant, The Cure couldn't have devised a better light show.

I've no memory of what they were like or even how fat Robert Smith was, but I do remember the lazers on the rain drops.

On 7/13/2022 at 10:47 PM, briddj said:

It's actually coach tickets that are first, the first Thursday in October. And the main sale the following Sunday. So 6th and 9th.

Ahhh, I never thought about the fact that the Coach tickets would then be on sale in Sept, if it was 2nd October!

• 1 month later...
On 7/13/2022 at 3:36 PM, Skip997 said:

Yea was my first. It was one of the wettest ever, and all I had was a sleeping bag, no tent. I basically lived in the acoustic tent, something you couldn't do these days.

Mine too!

On 7/14/2022 at 12:28 AM, thewayiam said:

It'll be the week after. As said, Coach first Thursday or October, tickets first Sunday.

To be pedantic it'll be the second Sunday of October if it follows the first Thursday of October.