Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

33 minutes ago, graceunderpressure said:

The Prodigy will be playing 3 nights in Dublin 28th-30th June so not looking good 😞

Yup! Which makes Sunday the only possible day for them in RW and I don't see them playing 3rd down before AM and QOTSA. They would make a perfect festival closer though with the difficult task to wake everybody up after AM 😂.

1 minute ago, Floyd_Ams said:

Yup! Which makes Sunday the only possible day for them in RW and I don't see them playing 3rd down before AM and QOTSA. They would make a perfect festival closer though with the difficult task to wake everybody up after AM 😂.

Can't think of a better act for the job though. Two of my most brutal moshpits were Prodigy. Absolute madness.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

They're welcome in the Barn though ! (not sure if I'll make it out alive, but worth it)

• Upvote 1

Hehe...Great memories from that RW night in 2015 with them on the main stage. We had the brilliant (?) idea to go to the front and I remember thinking "I'm loving this but...am I getting too old for this shit?" (and no I wasn't that old).

I think they are too big for the Barn. And if they were to play against AM it would be packed as hell!

Edited by Floyd_Ams
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, VolkIreland said:

Jaysus id love if Yellowcard upped sticks and made an appearance but I'd genuinely have a better chance of seeing a UFO in my bathroom.

They're in the UK for Slam Dunk in August so they're not against coming overseas next year! Rock Werchter though... probably not 😅

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, mikebat said:

Peter Gabriel is back...
Can we hope him for Werchter ?

Unlikely as there is already a Belgium date on his tour, but you never know. 

Hopeful we get a batch of names today, after The Lumineers self confirmed on Monday I imagine they want to get something official out about that

6 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Foo Fighters were on the table a little while ago. Rock Werchter and Pinkpop. Not sure it will happen, but we will know soon enough. 

Ken out 

this is huge .. ; it means 1) they've decided to continue without Taylor Hawkins and 2) they have a new drummer.. ?