Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

1 minute ago, lighthouse said:

Yungblud played the 2 (!) last editions so he’s out. 

It was in 2019... 2 years of pandemic... then 2022. He released a new album in a few weeks ago and got a huge success in Belgium. It wouldn't be a surprise to see him again in 2023! The hype is still big around him.

On 11/3/2022 at 10:02 PM, Archi said:

Kings Of Leon in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2014.
Editors in 2010, 2012 and 2013.

That is a lot of Kings of Leon to get in quick succession. I know they exploded in hype over the course of 2008/09 thanks to Sex on Fire and Use Somebody but six times in eight editions?

55 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

Never been to Werchter neither Glasto, but why are people so excited about Glasto? In my opinion, Werchter have a better lineup

Went to Glastonbury once in 2004 and had a great time. What does my head in about Glastonbury though is all those flags. Can't imagine spending that amount of money now to basically look at a sheet with a meme on it from every single angle of any spot on the main stage.

1 hour ago, SweetJesus said:

Never been to Werchter neither Glasto, but why are people so excited about Glasto? In my opinion, Werchter have a better lineup

Glastonbury is probably the best festival in the UK but it also has the best marketing team too. Far too many people want to go for the “Glastonbury experience” and to get content for their Instagram. 

Horses for causes I suppose, depending on what you want, but I find European festivals to be a far better experience as the crowds there are more interested in which bands are actually playing, and that’s my biggest priority when picking a festival 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, SweetJesus said:

RW has a great lineup but it's... well, mostly Rock music, hence the name, and a lot of the same bands are repeated all the time. Glastonbury has about 10 festivals lineups rolled into one, the amount of choice is unmatched. I doubt I'll even spend much time at the main stage. This year one one single night you could finish on Billie Eilish, or Foals, or The Chemical Brothers, or Little Simz, or Primal Scream, or Reef, or Four Tet, or... etc. And then STILL go and see more music until 6am if you wanted to.

Also it's a performing arts festival, you spend 2 days before the majority of the music even starts just walking around taking in all kinds of crazy stuff. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, gingerevans84 said:

Lumineers July 2nd. Guess we're in for a few more confirmations in the near future.

They seem to have just announced themselves for a few festivals that either didn’t have names or announcements; wonder if we might be getting some names elsewhere too for more rumours