Arctic Monkeys

FloorFiller

On 8/9/2022 at 10:24 PM, Matt42 said:

Nah. I’m out. Feels like they’ve been wheeled out on tour against their will. Complete cookie cutter setlist and not far off what they did at T in the Park in 2014 which I thought was boring as hell.

Still opening with Do I Wanna Know? Nearly 10 years of opening with the same track. Come on.

They opened most nights with Four Out of Five or Star Treatment on the Tranquility Base tour, if your gonna be bitter about AM at least be factual. It was only towards the end of the 2019 tour they went back to Do I Wanna Know. 

Edited by swede
  • Upvote 3

On 8/9/2022 at 8:13 PM, NoBuses said:

Not really - Library Pictures and Poision approaching both great surprises

Library Pictures isn't as much of a surprise as it could be though, given that got a decent amount of set time on the AM and TBHC Tours.

I would like Dangerous Animals if we're bringing in Humbug rarities. Though the first AM show I caught in 2011 had Dance Little Liar and that was pretty awesome.

9 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Tranquility part 2 branding

It does give off that vibe tbf. I like it, but it does have that feel to it. It certainly doesn't help tbf that the setlist isn't that far removed from the TBHC Tour, which only had 4 of those songs a night.

I presume tbf something new will turn up, even if it is a surprise there wasn't a new one at either of the two Istanbul concerts.

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

Neither a guess nor a public announcement, it's just what the people in the know are saying on the AM forum. They can defo be trusted.

Same people seem to be saying plans for an AM stadium tour in the UK in June 2023. Which feels like it would be something of a departure for them tbf given they seemed happy to just do arenas until this point.

20 minutes ago, briddj said:

Have booked a no pre-payment, cancellable B&B in Hillsborough for Saturday, June 3. Nothing to lose.

What did you book? I'm struggling to find much that's reasonable

@JoeyTany idea if that date is still correct, or do you think you would possibly get the info before an announcement?

4 minutes ago, mufcok said:

@JoeyTany idea if that date is still correct, or do you think you would possibly get the info before an announcement?

Queens Ground. £75 twin, £85 triple. 5 minutes walk to the Park.

Via booking.com.

Edited by briddj
  • Upvote 1

Definitely planned for that Friday and Saturday per the licence application.

1. The Premises Licence is to provide licensable activities for a maximum of 3 days during the months of May-September in either 2023 or 2024. Provisional dates are 2nd and 3rd June 2023.

Edited by briddj

2 hours ago, mufcok said:

No idea on dates yet.

If I hear of them I’ll pass them on to you folk for sure.

• Upvote 1

On 8/11/2022 at 6:00 PM, charlierc said:

Library Pictures isn't as much of a surprise as it could be though, given that got a decent amount of set time on the AM and TBHC Tours.

I would like Dangerous Animals if we're bringing in Humbug rarities. Though the first AM show I caught in 2011 had Dance Little Liar and that was pretty awesome.

I remember going to a couple of the Humbug tours, when I first heard arguably my all time favourite AM tune, Dance Little Liar, opening the set, I lost my shit. Some of the greatest lyrics in history. He would sing the final section an octave higher than the record and it is such a great ending.

Edited by Stokesy10

14 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

I remember going to a couple of the Humbug tours, when I first heard arguably my all time favourite AM tune, Dance Little Liar, opening the set, I lost my shit. Some of the greatest lyrics in history. He would sing the final section an octave higher than the record and it is such a great ending.

Such an underrated tune, my fav too.

15 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Think it’s one of the, if not the best, songs he’s written. Would love to hear it live. 

On 8/12/2022 at 9:49 PM, Stokesy10 said:

Yeah I seem to remember in the 2011 show during it's rare return that he sung the final section higher as well, plus it also had a cool little modified guitar solo.

It was a great performance. As was Evil Twin a few earlier, which feels too good a song to have been chucked out as a B-side in retrospect.

23 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Easily argued. For me he's the greatest lyricist ever.

If you exclude: Bob Dylan, Tom Waits, Nick Cave, Michael Franti, Kate Bush, Kae Tempest and scores of others who I can't think of at the moment.

Edited by Skip997

On 8/9/2022 at 9:44 PM, lighthouse said:

Feels like they didn't really left actually. They do really love One For The Road din't they. 

Unfortunately they do.

On 8/9/2022 at 10:55 PM, Matt42 said:

Because AM aren't even playing their greatest hits. They are (as it looks) cashing in on another lap of the AM tour.

It was a bloody great album!

On 8/10/2022 at 11:29 AM, swede said:

Its a prefect setlist for a festival imo. I remember seeing Green Day headline Leeds fest in 2004, they'd just released American Idiot as a single so we all thought the set would be heavy on the new album and songs we didn't know, they played American Idiot and then it was a greatest hits set, it was fantastic. 

Imagine being at Leeds, you've been on it for days and then AM close the festival with a set where you know every song word for word, sounds class. 

The last 3 songs on the opening night were class. The from from the afternoon is a great addition too. Cornerstone is easily my favorite Humbug and one of my favorite's generally. Averaging 12 out of 21 songs I'd be bothered with. I would catch them at Glastonbury without a doubt, not sure I'll bother with the tour though. For me the only song that would have made it just better in 2013 would have been The view and Why'd you only call me but they hadn't started playing that yet.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

AM is their worst album by a country fucking mile, and yet they continue to fart it out for almost a decade now.

Behave! TBH&C is and they sacked off the rest of their tour to prove it. AM made them a massive force again after Suck it and see made them disappear quickly.

AM was what Arctic broke the US with and got headline slot off of basically and if you can be an English Rock band and do that in America in the last 10 years you're doing okay.

Bar their debut album which goes down as one of the top 5 debuts certainly from and English Rock band in history, AM is by far their best selling album.