Arctic Monkeys

FloorFiller

Just now, Rose-Colored Boy said:

I know Luxembourg is only a small place but it’d still be pretty rough if they pulled out of a gig there with only four days notice because they got a better offer from elsewhere 

Ah fair enough - didn't realise they were booked for something else. Think they'd still pull out tbh

13 minutes ago, StevieGed said:

Do people really believe Lizzo could/should headline? 🤨 nothing against her but I don't see in what world Lizzo would be a Glastonbury headliner. 

She'd be a much better headliner than the AM who've done it before. If BE did it last year no reason why Lizzo can't this year. It was a mistake anyway to book 3 male bands. 

7 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

She'd be a much better headliner than the AM who've done it before. If BE did it last year no reason why Lizzo can't this year. It was a mistake anyway to book 3 male bands. 

I'll never be on the side of simply booking a female act to balance out the male acts. Fair enough if she got bumped up, but just for me personally I'd have Lizzo down as one of the most underwhelming headliners (in terms of size/catalogue/trajectory, not musical taste) to take the spot. Capaldi would be in with a better shout than Lizzo even though he's playing below her the Saturday, I'd say he'd draw a much bigger crowd in a Friday night headline slot than Lizzo would. Each to their own I guess, I just wouldn't see her in a headline slot in 2023. Already surprised she's not third down the following day, with Capaldi subbing. 

Edited by StevieGed

3 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Shame LDR is booked for the Saturday rather than the Friday, moving her from the Other to the Pyramid would’ve been fine. Think we can safely say they won’t do that with Wizkid. 

alright f**k it im gonna say it...

fred again on the pyramid stage... cue the hate

8 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

alright f**k it im gonna say it...

fred again on the pyramid stage... cue the hate

Kelis would go off, if the criteria is ‘acts playing on the Friday who don’t look like Laurence Llewelyn Bowen’. She could even bring out Bill Murray for a duet in the encore. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

There’ll be no “get ______ in to do it!”  In such circumstances the festival always bumps up someone who’s already playing , usually someone scheduled for the same day, and usually the sub.

Foos seem far too obvious. 

Arctics won’t cancel until last possible moment, so I expect he’s on a course of honey and lemon, and we’ll hear for sure on Thursday. 

Just now, downtherabbithole said:

rumours going around that Alex was so f**ked up that they needed to call a doctor in. Security guard for their london show passing the info around. Reckon Laryngitis is a cover story 

They would need a doctor to sign off a medical certificate for the insurers to cover costs of a cancelled stadium gig…

• Upvote 1