Arctic Monkeys

FloorFiller

2 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

It isn't. It's an absolute masterpiece.

For the songs I like on it, it was like going back to their earlier days but changing it up to perfection.

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

I wouldn’t go that far personally, but it’s a great album. Solid 8/10.

I don’t understand the hate it gets on here! 

Nor does everyone not on here who buy tickets to see them. 

It reminds of the 'dark fruits' comment. Most of the people I know drink it at gigs or whatever and none of us are bothered about trouble. We go for a good time, a laugh and occasional mosh. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah me neither, and all I can really think of is that it’s become mega popular and brought them a whole wave of new laddy fans and so people have turned on it. It’s a great album. Couple of not so great songs, like literally all of their albums, but it’s mostly very good and has some of their best material. 

Tbh Arctics are one of very few bands who’s albums I really struggle to rank as I think they’re all equally great with equal amounts of highs and filler/lows, and each of them could end up on top or at the bottom of my ranked list depending on what mood I’m in. Just a consistently good band, thus far.

Personally I really like their second album and realized how great it still was doing a list for a set yesterday. I don't think AM has the most amount of songs I like on it, but for the one's I do they stand out that much I wouldn't include a set without them.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I'm just sick of it. Overplayed it when I was younger and still have to hear it now.

So now we get to the real truth. You personally yourself are the reason you feel that way about it, no one else.

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

So now we get to the real truth. You personally yourself are the reason you feel that way about it, no one else.

What exactly is this bullshit supposed to mean?

Of course I'm the reason why I like or dislike anything, just like you and nobody else are responsible for your opinions.

Edited by Hugh Jass II

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

What exactly is this bullshit supposed to mean?

Of course I'm the reason why I like or dislike anything, just like you and nobody else are responsible for your opinions.

Because you bang on about it being so bad yet you liked it that much you overplayed it so it became boring to you.

So full of shit. I've played it so much that I now hate it. We all overplay albums, but that's the most bollocks reason to give that it's the worst thing. 

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

I wouldn’t go that far personally, but it’s a great album. Solid 8/10.

I don’t understand the hate it gets on here! 

Its hated on here because they tour it in full every year.

9 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Because you bang on about it being so bad yet you liked it that much you overplayed it so it became boring to you.

So full of shit. I've played it so much that I now hate it. We all overplay albums, but that's the most bollocks reason to give that it's the worst thing. 

Not really, I'm sure everyone goes off stuff, grows out of stuff over time. Over time you notice a record's flaws, especially when compared to others. The second half of AM is, in my opinion, deathly dull and the songs sound just a dull when performed live.

11 hours ago, thewayiam said:

My ideal 21 set Arctics set, not necessarily by order.

I bet you look good

Dancing shoes

R U Mine

Cornerstone

Fluorescent Adolescent

Mardy Bum

The View from the afternoon

Teddy Picker

D is for dangerous 

Do me a favour

When the sun goes down

Do i wanna know

Why'd you only call me when your high

Fake tales of san Francisco 

Still take you home

A certain romance

My propeller

Pretty visitors

Library pictures

Riot van

From the ritz to rubble

That setlist is as good as you'd see from any artist or band. 

• Upvote 1

New song #1
Brianstorm
Crying Lightning
From The Ritz to The Rubble
One Point Perspective
The Hellcat Spangled Shalalala
Do Me A Favour
Piledriver Waltz
New song #2
High
Pretty Visitors
Tranquility Base
That's Where You're Wrong
A Certain Romance
The View From The Afternoon
New song #3
Do I Wanna Know

Star Treatment
Cornerstone
R U Mine

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Nesser said:
New song #1
Brianstorm
Crying Lightning
From The Ritz to The Rubble
One Point Perspective
The Hellcat Spangled Shalalala
Do Me A Favour
Piledriver Waltz
New song #2
High
Pretty Visitors
Tranquility Base
That's Where You're Wrong
A Certain Romance
The View From The Afternoon
New song #3
Do I Wanna Know

Star Treatment
Cornerstone
R U Mine

If the new album is out we're looking at at least 5 new songs per set. 

20 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Not really, I'm sure everyone goes off stuff, grows out of stuff over time. Over time you notice a record's flaws, especially when compared to others. The second half of AM is, in my opinion, deathly dull and the songs sound just a dull when performed live.

You're missing the point. You're view on that album based on any reason you give for it, is bullshit. 

You grew out of it, overplayed it etc etc,  that is fine. But it's not their worst by far due to that. 

19 minutes ago, Chef said:

That setlist is as good as you'd see from any artist or band. 

It would be killer.

20 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

You're missing the point. You're view on that album based on any reason you give for it, is bullshit. 

You grew out of it, overplayed it etc etc,  that is fine. But it's not their worst by far due to that. 

It's the album I have the least interest in listening to, with the songs I like the least right now. So yeah, to me it is their worst album.

Why does my opinion bother you so much?

11 minutes ago, Green Croc said:

Why is nobody putting The Ultracheese in their setlists? Perfect song towards the end

Wait - has anybody actually made it to the end of TBH&C?!

(Joke as I actually don’t mind the album, but going with the general consensus)

12 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

But then, that would apply to everyone, in which case any discussion on anyone's best album is entirely pointless.

Not really because his reasons for that were completely bull. He calls people out for shouting bull and comes out with tripe like that. I accept you don't listen to it anymore but you didn't overplay it because you hated it.

I meet people who play albums constantly all the time. You might say I'm not interested in it anymore, I've heard it enough and it's overplay which is fair. But to call it their worst is bullshit. It has over a million more sales than their most recent album. You can at least still appreciate it's a cracker of an album even if you don't like it anymore.

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Not really because his reasons for that were completely bull. He calls people out for shouting bull and comes out with tripe like that. I accept you don't listen to it anymore but you didn't overplay it because you hated it.

I meet people who play albums constantly all the time. You might say I'm not interested in it anymore, I've heard it enough and it's overplay which is fair. But to call it their worst is bullshit. It has over a million more sales than their most recent album. You can at least still appreciate it's a cracker of an album even if you don't like it anymore.

chill out