LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

Yes I think Silver Hayes next week. Feels like they could be making moves to attract a younger crowd which would be welcome. For that reason I do wonder if Acoustic and Avalon might be after resale.

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

How’s about prince William performing the knighting ceremony of sir Michael Eavis on the pyramid?😊😉, that would be a nice announcement! 

I had these same thought to be fair? Because they haven’t done it yet have they?? 

4 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Yes I think Silver Hayes next week. Feels like they could be making moves to attract a younger crowd which would be welcome. For that reason I do wonder if Acoustic and Avalon might be after resale.

Did they not do that last year? The Levels was pretty full throughout the day with the yoot, whenever I walked past. And Lonely Hearts was well populated too. I felt there was a significant increase in daytime dancing last year. 

Ben

59 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Going on previous years, about 90% of the same people

That sounds about right. There is about a 10% death rate each year 😅 (brought on by the rock and roll lifestyle and old age).

Really looking forward to silver Hayes lineup. Really great for 2023. Here's hoping it matches/better it this year. Visited the levels last year for camelphat and FBS, really liked the stage/area. Watched Ben Bohmer on lonely harts too and he was great

12 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Did they not do that last year? The Levels was pretty full throughout the day with the yoot, whenever I walked past. And Lonely Hearts was well populated too. I felt there was a significant increase in daytime dancing last year. 

Ben

I am not certain of dates etc but judging by how well received the lineup for Silver Hayes was last year they certainly seem to be putting a good amount of focus on it which is great. It’s a large area of the festival. 

9 hours ago, plaskins said:

Really looking forward to silver Hayes lineup. Really great for 2023. Here's hoping it matches/better it this year. Visited the levels last year for camelphat and FBS, really liked the stage/area. Watched Ben Bohmer on lonely harts too and he was great

Ben was a highlight of the weekend, was hoping to see him on the bill again this year but he's out in America at that time, although he does have the Glasto weekend free so who knows.

5 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Ben was a highlight of the weekend, was hoping to see him on the bill again this year but he's out in America at that time, although he does have the Glasto weekend free so who knows.

I’ve seen clips of the Ben Bohmer set and it looks incredible. 

There was a big clash (I forget who with) so I didn’t see him, wish I had tbh! 

13 minutes ago, nikkic said:

It was a great slot for him. Gorgeous sunset and a perfect set to get us going for the Max Cooper < Helena Hauff > Daniel Avery triple bill that followed. That was one extraordinary run of sets on a single Glastonbury stage...

Ben

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

It was a great slot for him. Gorgeous sunset and a perfect set to get us going for the Max Cooper < Helena Hauff > Daniel Avery triple bill that followed. That was one extraordinary run of sets on a single Glastonbury stage...

Ben

That run ending the night with  DA droppimg Feel Good Hit Of The Summer by QOTSA was incredible 

Edited by Ben7amin_

On 3/27/2024 at 3:09 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Based on the reviews I've read they do seem to have dropped a clanger by not landing the Moon Safari show. 

MrsG1990(who won't do camping festivals, so won't be at Glastonbury) is a MASSIVE Air fan, so much we had Moon Safari play at our ceremony when we got married last year and I got her tickets for the Royal Albert Hall show at the end of May for her birthday.

I was convinced when I saw the dates that given they would be in the UK when Glastonbury is on that I would be able to see them twice inside a month, and as you say the MS reviews have been top notch so I was very surprised to not see them on the poster.  Could have possible seen a high end Park or Other stage appearance. 

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

He was on when guns n roses were on as all my mates went to that instead. He was brilliant, perfect time of day too with sun setting.

3 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

MrsG1990(who won't do camping festivals, so won't be at Glastonbury) is a MASSIVE Air fan, so much we had Moon Safari play at our ceremony when we got married last year and I got her tickets for the Royal Albert Hall show at the end of May for her birthday.

I was convinced when I saw the dates that given they would be in the UK when Glastonbury is on that I would be able to see them twice inside a month, and as you say the MS reviews have been top notch so I was very surprised to not see them on the poster.  Could have possible seen a high end Park or Other stage appearance. 

That would seem to need a heck of a PR job - to go from doing their own carefully put together production in some magnificent venues, to taking their production from Southampton to Somerset, doing the park or other with a very narrow GSH before they pop over the border to Ireland.   Even on their own tour they quite often allow really generous gaps between dates. 

• Upvote 1