LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

41 minutes ago, nikkic said:

How long has he been in a wheelchair? 🥲

Think he just needs it for assistance when out and about. There would have been a lot of waiting around at the investiture.

sadly, Not quite the ‘Prince’ he wanted to meet😊😉

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

3 minutes ago, Nuthugger said:

have we got all the main stages now then (part from other dancey areas)?

Nah loads to come, the main stages are missing loads of acts probably wont get completed till the times and dates get dropped though.  Apart from msyne the Park. 

Non dance - The Greenfields poster still not out. 

Partially dance but Greenpeace also.

As well as non music Circus, Kids, Cinenma etc 

Basically loads still to come

5 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Nah loads to come, the main stages are missing loads of acts probably wont get completed till the times and dates get dropped though.  Apart from msyne the Park. 

my interpretation of that is - yes we have all the main stages now 🤣

13 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

I'm sure this has already been discussed, but I guess the area breakdown means The Park, West Holts and Woodside won't have their own poster announcements? Does that mean we're looking at less regular announcements than for the last few years?

Not as many missing from the main stages as usual because of the high number of acts on the first poster. Someone did do the numbers but it's about 6 on each.

Current stae of play:

Acoustic

Avalon

Shangri-La

The Glade

West Holts

Silver Hayes

Croissant Neuf

Leftfield

Theatre & Circus

Carhenge

The Common

New Map

Woodsies

Arcadia

Unfairground

Glasto Latino

The Park

Kidzfield

Pilton Palais

Strummerville

Block 9

Plus a few little ones that don't get announced on the official festival website.

9 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Not as many missing from the main stages as usual because of the high number of acts on the first poster. Someone did do the numbers but it's about 6 on each.

Current stae of play:

Acoustic

Avalon

Shangri-La

The Glade

West Holts

Silver Hayes

Croissant Neuf

Leftfield

Theatre & Circus

Carhenge

The Common

New Map

Woodsies

Arcadia

Unfairground

Glasto Latino

The Park

Kidzfield

Pilton Palais

Strummerville

Block 9

Plus a few little ones that don't get announced on the official festival website.

ah i forgot about strummerville and left field. yeah usually some good stuff on there. i have neglected left field for the past couple of yrs and ive ended up listening to the acts on there loads on spotify.

48 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

the new arcadia .. or what ever it will be , that's what I want 

Nothing to really go on, but I think that will be one of the last. They're building something new and you know how these things go, they probably want to be 100% sure it will be ready before they announce what it is. Otherwise it's a let down when it's back to the spider again.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2024 at 11:36 AM, stuie said:

If you're still pushing the Emily is a liar narrative would you care to explain why you think she'd make stuff up?

The end result is no different - all tickets are sold.  Because it took 18 minutes she must have been bullshitting? 

This year saw the worst reaction to a line up in years. Stating that they've had the biggest uptake in paying deposits dispels any sentiment that the festival is losing its mojo. It's just good management really.

I'm surprised the festival don't announce the Greenpeace line up? Outside of the list above it must be the biggest, and with strong links to the festival of course.

(The other posters not listed are really small as you say: Rocket Lounge, Deluxe Diner, Mandala, Rishi's Yard, Babylon Uprising, etc)

I'm actually looking forward to Silver Hayes line up. Not really thought that for about 10 years but last year was such a step up. 

And with virtually no Prog house/ deep house/ Anjunadeep/ Trance it's a last hope for some other genres of dance music. 

I won't hold my breath though. 

Edited by danbailey80
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Silver Hayes confirmed for next week.

Screenshot_20240424_110043_Instagram.thumb.jpg.7260bee8a949e19ab5265af86ac0f4cb.jpg

Feels like such an important line up these days haha. Without a strong SH then the overcrowding elsewhere is/ would be a complete nightmare. If they can continue to smash it then it just really helps everywhere else! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, kemosabe said:

Feels like such an important line up these days haha. Without a strong SH then the overcrowding elsewhere is/ would be a complete nightmare. If they can continue to smash it then it just really helps everywhere else! 

Yeah, I agree, even though the chances of there being anything I want to see there are slim, taking some of the strain seems important.

Rumours that Levels is going to be bigger this year, too. 

4 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

For me, it's really close to where we camp, so I ended up spending more time in there and Woodsies last year then I ever have previously. Really enjoyed Max Cooper in particular.

2 hours ago, Sasperella2 said:

I'm sure this has already been discussed, but I guess the area breakdown means The Park, West Holts and Woodside won't have their own poster announcements? Does that mean we're looking at less regular announcements than for the last few years?

The Park will has aside from missing acts there are other stages in the area so there definitely will  be for that. 

West holts normally does but I guess if the line up has all leaked they may not bother 

1 hour ago, Justcalledtosay said:

This year saw the worst reaction to a line up in years. Stating that they've had the biggest uptake in paying deposits dispels any sentiment that the festival is losing its mojo. It's just good management really.

Telling a blatant lie isn't good management!  I don't believe she'd do that.... she'd have said something more ambiguous like 'we're overwhelmed by the amount of people who've paid their balances and there will be a very limited resale'

I think ticket holders in general aren't as obsessed about the headliners as people think they are.

It's sold out and there are plenty of gutted ticketless people, just like usual.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Current stae of play:

Acoustic

Avalon

Shangri-La

The Glade

West Holts

Silver Hayes

Croissant Neuf

Leftfield

Theatre & Circus

Carhenge

The Common

New Map

Woodsies

Arcadia

Unfairground

Glasto Latino

The Park

Kidzfield

Pilton Palais

Strummerville

Block 9

Gonna do a bold prediction for the order:

Acoustic

Avalon

Shangri-La

The Glade

New Map (this week)

️Theatre & Circus (this week)

Kidzfield (next week)

Silver Hayes (next week)

West Holts (next week)

The Common (next week)

Leftfield (in 2 weeks)

Glasto Latino (in 2 weeks)

Croissant Neuf (in 2 weeks)

Woodsies (in 3 weeks)

Arcadia (in 3 weeks)

Block 9 (in 3 weeks)

Pilton Palais (in 4 weeks)

Unfairground (in 4 weeks)

The Park (in 4 weeks)

Strummerville (no announcement)

Carhenge (in 5 weeks)

Full lineup & timings in 5 weeks

Separate Poetry & Words announcement in 2 weeks, and Deluxe Diner & Rocket Lounge in 3 weeks

Will definitely all be completely wrong, but by the looks of it it means we'll be getting an average of 3 announcements per week - get in!

Edited by Acid_Haze

How times have changed. Silver Hayes used to be the one area that people really disliked. Weird vibe, average lineup. Now most are looking at Silver Hayes as the main late night area rather than the South East Corner. Speaks volumes for the improvements in SH and the perception of certain areas creatively standing still elsewhere.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Gonna do a bold prediction for the order:

Acoustic

Avalon

Shangri-La

The Glade

New Map (this week)

️Theatre & Circus (this week)

Kidzfield (this week)

Silver Hayes (next week)

West Holts (next week)

The Common (next week)

Leftfield (next week)

Glasto Latino (in 2 weeks)

Croissant Neuf (in 2 weeks)

Woodsies (in 3 weeks)

Arcadia (in 3 weeks)

Block 9 (in 3 weeks)

Pilton Palais (in 4 weeks)

Unfairground (in 4 weeks)

The Park (in 4 weeks)

Strummerville (no announcement)

Carhenge (in 5 weeks)

Full lineup & timings in 5 weeks

Separate Poetry & Words announcement in 2 weeks, and Deluxe Diner & Rocket Lounge in 3 weeks

Will definitely all be completely wrong, but by the looks of it it means we'll be getting an average of 3 announcements per week - get in!

I still think the map will be into May. Probably after the Arcadia and Block 9 announcements. And if Williams Green is returning in some capacity, they'll probably want a big reveal of that too.