LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

2 hours ago, Nuthugger said:

what do people think wins the acoustic vs. avalon battle? 

This year I would say for me Avalon walks it. Acoustic Stage is probably the stage I’d most like to have a go at organising. 

3 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Go for it! You’d do a good job of it. 

If only you could make it happen! Speaking of good Acoustic Stage acts Katherine Priddy is playing Band On The Wall in May. Tickets less than £20 as well! 

both Avalon and Acoustic are fields i greatly enjoy spending time in.

regardless who's playing.

i can sit on the balcony of the Avalon Inn for hours happily watching the world go by, in fact that might very well be my favorite specific spot on the whole site.

likewise i can very happily sit out front of Cockmill bar and just do absolutely nothing...

as far as next announcements... ummm....  Pilton Palais please!

9 hours ago, gigpusher said:

If only you could make it happen! Speaking of good Acoustic Stage acts Katherine Priddy is playing Band On The Wall in May. Tickets less than £20 as well! 

Yes, but I’ve seen her a couple of times last year so I’ll give it a miss, but have at last been listening to her second album. I chatted to her at our local festival in Bury last September. As it stands, my favourite female album of the year so far is Waxahatchee’s Tigers Blood. 

9 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Yes, but I’ve seen her a couple of times last year so I’ll give it a miss, but have at last been listening to her second album. I chatted to her at our local festival in Bury last September. As it stands, my favourite female album of the year so far is Waxahatchee’s Tigers Blood. 

Tigers Blood is a great album.

41 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Tigers Blood is a great album.

Would love to see Waxahatchee on the farm, feels tailor made for a late afternoon Park slot but doesn't look like it's happening even though she's free the whole weekend.

Slightly different sound but I'd also happily accept her sister's band Swearin' on the lineup somewhere as well.

On 4/4/2024 at 7:07 PM, Mike A said:

Still time to change your mind...

On 4/3/2024 at 8:58 PM, nikkic said:

You trying in the resale?

Unfortunately, I'm 100% ruled out this year. I didn't have a second thought in the New Year after I dodged Oct sales, but I think I'm gonna have to wait until the kids are older and we all go as a fam.

8 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Unfortunately, I'm 100% ruled out this year. I didn't have a second thought in the New Year after I dodged Oct sales, but I think I'm gonna have to wait until the kids are older and we all go as a fam.

Lots do it as a family. I'm sure your kids will have a great time once they're old enough to travel easily.
We'll raise a pint to you this year, though.

6 minutes ago, Mike A said:

Lots do it as a family. I'm sure your kids will have a great time once they're old enough to travel easily.
We'll raise a pint to you this year, though.

Cheers, Mike! I'll be watching from afar knowing you're having a blast getting your chakra topped up in the Greenpeace Field every morning, haha 🍻

• Like 1

Announcements coming in thick and fast this week! Wasn't expecting any more after Avalon and the resale being this week.

Maybe this means they're fitting in more stage announcements this year, maybe we'll get a Williams Green one?

9 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Announcements coming in thick and fast this week! Wasn't expecting any more after Avalon and the resale being this week.

Maybe this means they're fitting in more stage announcements this year, maybe we'll get a Williams Green one?

I hope so, really need a stage full of Williams Green smaller acts. Would love to see somewhere we can get bands like Snayx and Bad Nerves. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, foolee said:

I hope so, really need a stage full of Williams Green smaller acts. Would love to see somewhere we can get bands like Snayx and Bad Nerves. 

Yeah I'm really hoping we get Williams Green or a new stage with the same type of bands. I'm guessing Truth stage is now Peace stage? No Earache records..

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Yeah I'm really hoping we get Williams Green or a new stage with the same type of bands. I'm guessing Truth stage is now Peace stage? No Earache records..

Yeah same. Peace stage has to be the Truth. There is Earache thankfully because they’ve got Bob Vylan, Lambrini Girls and Cam Cole playing it. Earache is on the Glasto website when you go to the Shangri La page. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Joey Peeps said:

Too early to confirm a Tuesday/Friday 10:00, ahem, pattern?

As soon as you think you've got a pattern, that's when it changes.

Loads of people were predicting the main poster would drop on a Friday this year, because that what happened the previous few times - so naturally, it didn't.

8 minutes ago, incident said:

As soon as you think you've got a pattern, that's when it changes.

Loads of people were predicting the main poster would drop on a Friday this year, because that what happened the previous few times - so naturally, it didn't.

and Emily has just read this thread and so has postponed the next announcement til Thursday afternoon next week.

28 minutes ago, Joey Peeps said:

Too early to confirm a Tuesday/Friday 10:00, ahem, pattern?

Plus the pattern of:

Acoustic

Avalon 

hang on, they're going alphabetic on stage announcements! 

Shangri-la

no they're not, there is no pattern 😁