LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

2 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I've lost track of my latest guess.

Erm, tomorrow, 12:07.

guess tomorrow every day till the announcement, eventually you'll be right!

• Upvote 1

Are we still think 'proper' announcement on International Women's Day, and maybe some leaked stuff from EE's talk today? I know IWD has seemed like a logical choice for a while now.

1 minute ago, sedra said:

If Emily is due to be on 6 music with Lauren tomorrow at 8.00am then surely it means announcement? 

There's no reason to think she is.

I'm a pessimist at heart so think it's at least another week until we get a poster or proper announcement. Might get some names at her talk in Oxford today but I think they're more likely to avoid IWD than deliberately target it. 

Another week gives BST dates more time to sell, if we're assuming that's part of the reason for the delay.

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Dua gets dropped today at the talk … radio show tomoro to talk about it 

Didn't Emily say she doesn't plan on announcing any headliners first and will just release the lineup? Either nothing's coming tomorrow or the poster i'd say. Can't see just a one-off Dua announcement.

6 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Didn't Emily say she doesn't plan on announcing any headliners first and will just release the lineup? Either nothing's coming tomorrow or the poster i'd say. Can't see just a one-off Dua announcement.

Tbf I think she just said she liked the idea of dropping it all in one go but nothing was concrete.

I think everyone might have got their hopes up a bit for a name drop today... 

After all this time I think it would be incredibly underwhelming to drop a name in panel discussion which isn't televised or radio transmitted and isn't even directly about the festival...  Doesn't feel right and I can't tell if y'all are joking or not that you're really expecting it...

Don't think Emily is the type of person to draw attention away from an important discussion by self promoting the party in her back garden. idk...maybe I'm wrong

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I think everyone might have got their hopes up a bit for a name drop today... 

After all this time I think it would be incredibly underwhelming to drop a name in panel discussion which isn't televised or radio transmitted and isn't even directly about the festival... IDK. Doesn't feel right and I can't tell if y'all are joking or not that you're really expecting it...

Don't think Emily is the type of person to draw attention away from an important discussion by self promoting the party in her back garden. idk...maybe I'm wrong

She’s just tweeted about it