LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

On 1/28/2024 at 10:07 PM, Gnomicide said:

I think they have - as soon as Stevie became rumoured on here I’ve been monitoring the betting sites with an attempt to put a bet on it, thinking I was clever, but they’ve all been removed lol. Think this oddschecker site suggests Ladbrokes are offering odds - but I can’t find it on Ladbrokes website anywhere. 

no idea what would happen if you walked into a shop so while I’m not saying they’ve totally shut down the market or anything, it appears you definitely can’t bet online and haven’t been able to anywhere for a good few weeks now. Assume this is always likely to happen in the early months of the year as the headliners become more heavily rumoured?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Physical_graffiti said:

I think they have - as soon as Stevie became rumoured on here I’ve been monitoring the betting sites with an attempt to put a bet on it, thinking I was clever, but they’ve all been removed lol. Think this oddschecker site suggests Ladbrokes are offering odds - but I can’t find it on Ladbrokes website anywhere. 

no idea what would happen if you walked into a shop so while I’m not saying they’ve totally shut down the market or anything, it appears you definitely can’t bet online and haven’t been able to anywhere for a good few weeks now. Assume this is always likely to happen in the early months of the year as the headliners become more heavily rumoured?

Fair enough, I could see the Ladbrokes links on Odds Checker but didn't follow them. I've also been looking out for Stevie being added 😁

On 1/28/2024 at 10:18 PM, Gnomicide said:

First poster time since 2011:

2011: 16:30

2013: 19:00

2014: 08:00

2015: 19:00

2016: 08:20

2017: 08:00

2019: 08:00

2020: 18:58

2022: 08:30

2023: 09:32

This is the good sh*t. So I’ll stand by my bed for an hour or so when I get up, then again around 7pm. Didn’t realise there was no through the day main poster drops. PATTERN!

17 hours ago, Physical_graffiti said:

Sometimes they do shut the market on these sort of things. I got sent the list of Brit award winners (or was it mercury winners) once and couldn't find anywhere to take a bet, even tried the shop down the road.

February tomorrow. Things usually start hotting up but with Emily's preference for 2024, we still may not hear anything. Personally, I think we'll get the 1st poster this month and no separate announcements beforehand.

1 February 2008: Jay-Z

1 February 2009: Balance deadline

1 February 2010: Jack Johnson

1 February 2016: Jeff Lynne’s ELO

2 February 2022: Little Simz announced by Emily Eavis in Radio One interview

4 February 2005: Michael Eavis announces Kylie, White Stripes & New Order in Wells Journal

8 February 2008: The Verve and Kings of Leon

9 February 2009: Franz Ferdinand

11 February 2011: Beyoncé

12 February 2010: Muse & Stevie Wonder

13 February 2020: Lana Del Rey

15 February 2011: Coldplay 

16 February 2016: Coldplay

17 February 2007: The Killers

18 February 2003: Licence appeal successful

18 February 2015: Foo Fighters

18 February 2016: PJ Harvey

22 February 2002: Tickets on sale – Sold out after 25 days

22 February 2013: 9 acts announced for Dance Village including NAS

23 February 2009: Bruce Springsteen

23 February 2011: U2 

24 February 2017: Foo Fighters

26 February 2009: Blur and Lily Allen

26 February 2016: Muse

27 February 2014: Dolly Parton

28 February 2010: Balance deadline

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

February tomorrow. Things usually start hotting up but with Emily's preference for 2024, we still may not hear anything. Personally, I think we'll get the 1st poster this month and no separate announcements beforehand.

4 February 2005: Michael Eavis announces Kylie, White Stripes & New Order in Wells Journal

Was about to post that I reckon a February announcement but your post is tremendous, above and beyond! 

4 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I think if we do get a poster in February it will be very late February. If we get any crumbs beforehand like a legend slot announcement or some headliners of smaller stages then it's probably a sign that things are not all tied up and that it could be March before we get the poster but fingers crossed for something in February.

Could be nothing...

But apparently according to FB Kings Of Leon have put some Glastonbury stuff on tik tok today. 

I'm not on it so have not confirmed. Tried to view but needed to create an account and apparently that's where I draw the line.... sorry.

I was surprised no one on here had queried it already?? 

Can anyone oblige?

7 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Could be nothing...

But apparently according to FB Kings Of Leon have put some Glastonbury stuff on tik tok today. 

I'm not on it so have not confirmed. Tried to view but needed to create an account and apparently that's where I draw the line.... sorry.

Can anyone oblige?

I've just checked and only has stuff about a gig in Mexico 

19 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Could be nothing...

Can anyone oblige?

They also had footage from their Glasto 2004 Set on their Insta story about 5 days ago.  I saw it and it did make me wonder. Something makes me think they might just pop up.  Is there anything actually ruling them out?   If the rumour that they are playing BST on the 30th is correct they might well be lined up for a Churnups slot on Friday?

3 minutes ago, circus92 said:

They also had footage from their Glasto 2004 Set on their Insta story about 5 days ago.  I saw it and it did make me wonder. Something makes me think they might just pop up.  Is there anything actually ruling them out?   If the rumour that they are playing BST on the 30th is correct they might well be lined up for a Churnups slot on Friday?

More likely a The Killers 2017 slot. 

Hi All

I offered to do updates on the eFestival Glastonbury line up & rumours page as it's not been updated much of late, so I'm doing a spreadsheet for them to upload the info as & when. I'll send the first one by tomorrow, see my first efforts attached. We are going to include 'GSH' ones. I'll keep updating from what's posted but if there's ever any errors or obvious omissions please let me know. I've no insider knowledge so I'm simply going by what seems likely or not as posted on here. I hope this is of help to everyone!

Screenshot (130).png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Hi All

I offered to do updates on the eFestival Glastonbury line up & rumours page as it's not been updated much of late, so I'm doing a spreadsheet for them to upload the info as & when. I'll send the first one by tomorrow, see my first efforts attached. We are going to include 'GSH' ones. I'll keep updating from what's posted but if there's ever any errors or obvious omissions please let me know. I've no insider knowledge so I'm simply going by what seems likely or not as posted on here. I hope this is of help to everyone!

Screenshot (130).png

Awesome job thanks Avalon 🙂 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Hi All

Screenshot (130).png

I totally missed Queen being Very Likely. Were these early rumours?

As we're now at the 1st Feb, it is the longest we've gone since 2011 without Glastonbury announcing any acts.

Date:   Fest   - Act         
04/10: 2022 - Billy Eilish 
10/10: 2020 - Diana Ross
20/10: 2017 - Radiohead 
24/10: 2003 - REM
15/11: 2019 - Stormzy 
01/11: 2005 - The Undertones & Outcast
23/11: 2010 - U2
30/11: 2015 - Lionel Richie 
02/12: 2023 - Elton John
19/12: 2014 - Arcade Fire
17/01: 2013 - Rokia Traore 
01/02: 2016 - Jeff Lynne's ELO 
01/02: 2008 - Jay-Z
09/02: 2009 - Franz Ferdinand 
11/02: 2011 - Beyoncé
17/02: 2007 - The Killers
03/04: 2000 - Elastic & Super Furry Animals 
05/05: 2004 - The English National Orchestra, RLPO & The Muffin Men
19/06: 2002 - Full Line-up 

Edited by Gnomicide
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Hi All

Screenshot (130).png

In the absence of being able to get excited about the lineup I am getting excited about this list!   Lots that I would see there!

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

In the absence of being able to get excited about the lineup I am getting excited about this list!   Lots that I would see there!

The last dinner party, missed them this year when they were early on Woodsies. Would love to see them back.

• Upvote 1