LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Some tinkering going on in the background on the lineup pages of the glastonbury website?

Clicking on 2022 you get this:

image.thumb.png.603ec3d90d5eaea4fdeda410a4943258.png

Clicking on other years takes you to set times etc.

Might be nothing of course...

Ah, you beat me to it!

15 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Does that mean full lineup is likely on Tuesday then?

I think that's the feeling for the most likely scenario. Strummerville today, a smallish one as it's coach times day, Block9 tomorrow, then the full shebang on Tuesday. 

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

4 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I think given the "small" announcement of the Mushroom House, or however it's called, I think there could be another small-ish announcement tonight perhaps.

Something new in Woodsies, maybe? An introduction to the people who will be going around the site giving it a spiritual baptism, or more site snaps, something like that.

Then, it's all looking good for Block9 tomorrow and the absolute pain of waiting until Tuesday for the full drop.

With the full line-up announcement, are we talking a full poster, or the actual set times like with the classic blue boxes? Or are they released together?

image.png.7fa8817b58681a75880d263391ca7745.png

image.png.9627a4c372e389344544172e5e714aee.png

I think anything for woodsies would have come with the poster while it had loads of attention

4 hours ago, t0paz said:

They were made illegal on Monday 18th July 2005. I know this because Ashton Court festival in Bristol was the weekend before and they were practically giving them away on the Sunday.

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk/2005/jul/18/drugsandalcohol.markoliver

They may well have been selling fresh ones on site in 2007 but they were class A drugs at that point.

Ha! Mental! I never knew that! 😄

14 minutes ago, gfa said:

I think anything for woodsies would have come with the poster while it had loads of attention

Sure, altho the Mushroom Pavilion did come a fair few weeks after the main Silver Hayes announcement. I suppose it's a bit more "special" in terms of its design, but they could release something else for Woodsises later on. 

1 hour ago, DavoTheWorthy said:

Went in there on a couple of occasions last year - was hotboxed both times. It's not really noticeable when passing by I don't think.

Not gonna lie had to look up hotboxed. Not sure spending the rest of the day stinking of "fumes" is my thing  😆 

8 hours ago, t0paz said:

It starts on Thursday night. If you squint at the webcam you can probably see the queue already

We tried to see Nick Warren in there last year on the Thursday and it was a 4 hour queue so we sacked it off reckon it was around 10pm. Did go in there in 2017 I think it was but went down early

3 minutes ago, Helsbels said:

it was a 4 hour queue so we sacked it off 

i never understand queueing for stuff at Glastonbury - if the Lord God Bruce Springsteen himself was playing in the Piano Bar i wouldn't queue for four hours for it...

thats the magic of Glastonbury... there's something else to do just round the corner...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

i never understand queueing for stuff at Glastonbury - if the Lord God Bruce Springsteen himself was playing in the Piano Bar i wouldn't queue for four hours for it...

thats the magic of Glastonbury... there's something else to do just round the corner...

I dont actually think anyones queuing for 4 hours though ..... thats  just a random number someone from security has plucked out of thin air ... I used to use a similar method when we had a significant queue at our pizza counter . 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

I dont actually think anyones queuing for 4 hours though ..... thats  just a random number someone from security has plucked out of thin air ... I used to use a similar method when we had a significant queue at our pizza counter . 

yeah but what i mean is - if there is a massive queue - why join it?

walk another five minutes and there will be something you dont have to queue for... whether thats a little stage or a pizza

4 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

It’s peoples obsession with exclusivity. Same reason you get loads people who aren’t crew asking how they can get into crew bars… 

1 minute ago, -TLR- said:

yeah but what i mean is - if there is a massive queue - why join it?

walk another five minutes and there will be something you dont have to queue for... whether thats a little stage or a pizza

If there's a DJ you desperately want to see or plan on staying for the night in one tent then an hour isn't too bad.  

8 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

It’s peoples obsession with exclusivity. Same reason you get loads people who aren’t crew asking how they can get into crew bars… 

It's not necessarily about exclusivity. I used to think the same...why would anyone queue at Glasto. But sometimes it's a sign that there's something absolutely worth it inside. Had the best night after finally deciding to queue for NYC Downlow. Had plenty of drinks in the queue and made bestest friends with the people we were next to!