LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

1 hour ago, Neil said:

gnr will be a genuine surprise to plenty of people, who'll be expecting something more contemporary-relevant. the surprise will mostly be expressed as "why have Glastonbury booked that old shit!", just wait and see.

As they have been on the rumour list for so long I don’t think anyone will be that surprised. It will be more unexpected than AM but as they are the names everyone has been discussing for ages it just won’t have much buzz. 

I'm not sure about GNR given the whole diversity angle of recent years.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lizzo got Saturday. It could be argued that she's not quite headliner material yet but you could also argue she was TikToks most popular music artists for 2022 (if that's a thing). Down with the kids and all that.

40 minutes ago, stuie said:

I think it's pretty much set to be confirmed now. 

Just out of interest but based on what? Honest question not being facetious! because it all just seems to stem back to a few people on here insisting it to be true - unless I've missed some concrete info?

1 minute ago, FrancisH said:

Just out of interest but based on what? Honest question not being facetious! because it all just seems to stem back to a few people on here insisting it to be true - unless I've missed some concrete info?

As a general rule of thumb, Neil only puts acts as TBC on the festival lineup page when things are all but confirmed.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

As a general rule of thumb, Neil only puts acts as TBC on the festival lineup page when things are all but confirmed.

Much appreciated I had missed that development!

Christ that's a properly abysmal trio (for me), will absolutely be elsewhere on site.

8 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Perhaps Guns & Roses could play below Lizzo. They're old and might need an early night 

Not totally new.

My understanding was that Roger Waters was classed as 'headliner' when he played in 2002 but he actually went on before Rod Stewart

Edited by airwaves
added date

10 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

There we are 🙂 

Spice Girls an early shout for the 2024 Legends slot.
Also can't see past Dua Lipa and Blur atm for two headline slots. If it's not Taylor next year then DM or Eminem.

Given how the booking of Reading's in particular MSW headliners had gone in previous years and their older style sub bookings as to Glastonbury positions,  it looked obvious that Capaldi would be there given Foals played last year and ID are doing later shows here. Lizzo playing 3rd down goes along with HAIM, Janet Jackson, Katy Perry so a bit of history there. Personally I think it's set up well for Sam Smith to be the Other stage headliner that night.

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, qualia said:

Thoughts on when we’ll get the next announcement? I know January is historically slow but 2-weeks of no posts in this thread just feels plain wrong…

Pure speculation, but my guess is we get confirmation of the Legend and maybe one other act in Feb. Then 2 headliners with the poster in mid-March.

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

The best chance of any news this month is if a big name rumour starts going viral. Emily can be quick to dampen headline rumours if they’re not correct, before people start getting excited and having expectations. 

So you're saying we all need to get on board the Madonna train and then we'll get an announcement. I can do that!! Madge for El Pointo!!