The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

25 minutes ago, airwaves said:

Just been watching our local news for the "South West", BBC Spotlight 

On the weather forecast, for Friday it had a big splodge of blue - rain - all over the general area of Somerset ie incl Glasto /Pilton 

That weatherman is a spitting image of Alan Partridge. 

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Any more rain hit the site today?

I'm not on the site but live within a mile or so. We had a couple of showers this morning but dry since. It's currently a nice sunny evening - pleasently warm with a gentle breeze.

I'm not going this year (I did every one from 1994 to 2016, plus 2022) and still I'm looking in this thread and rooting for you all. But seriously, you'll be fine. It'll rain a bit from time to time, but there's nothing in either the buildup or the forecast that remotely relates to the years where the place became a swamp. Last year it rained quite a bit on Thursday, Friday and Saturday morning, and it didn't have a jot of impact. Some of you are probably forgetting what it takes to do that to the place, even if it is more susceptible than some areas... 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Bang on

It's summer, at a festival. I won't wear trousers and I certainly don't want to wear a f**king jumper.

It's you wearing jumpers in 19 degree weather mate, that's as mental to me as someone hoping for beach holiday weather to walk 10k everyday 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Being fit definitely helps. Knowing I'll be able to kick the arse out of it at the G is a good motivator for hauling ass out of bed to get to HIIT at 5.30am on a snowy January morning.

I think it's just a preference.

I ran Manchester marathon in April and I'll be doing another after Glastonbury. I still dont want to be absolutely sweltered trekking between stages

2 minutes ago, Duggyfresh44 said:

My friend has been on site since this morning setting up their stall (Shiva Eye) and she said it f*clef it down for a short time then sun out again. And it made absolutely zero impact on the state of the ground. 

Surely there was a lot less dust around 

Even if it does rain hard it seems the ground is hard enough to take it plus the drainage is much better than previous years, and they have wood chip these days so I don’t think you have much to worry about unless  really heavy downpour leads to some flash flooding but the sun and breeze should mop up any moisture. If I was going I’d be leaving my wellies in the car.