The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

4 minutes ago, 2019 said:

My son was none too happy on Friday morning (10am) with the weather.

IMG-20220624-WA0007.jpg

We were sat down sheltering under ponchos with beers, waiting for the Libs to open the Other. It was proper raining but stopped when the set started 

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Rain starts

Normal people: running for shelter, swearing, pulling on cagoules, changing plans

"Keep The Dust Down" Fetishists: opening champagne, letting off fireworks, growing engorged, copping off with strangers.

Always a good time 😃

I honestly can’t remember the Friday rain last year. I was probably in the tent getting ready as we left for the Pyramid about 11:30 to watch Ziggy Marley and it was glorious then. 

1 hour ago, SighMo said:

We were sat down sheltering under ponchos with beers, waiting for the Libs to open the Other. It was proper raining but stopped when the set started 

I was at the Libs early and still don’t remember any rain. I must have some sort of mental block going on. 😂 Mild showers at Glasto are no longer worth overwriting data for so I have a completely dry festival. Yay! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

It slightly rained early a couple of mornings. I only really noticed as it was that warm southerly rain that obviously originated in the Sahara due to the sandy specks it left on my clean white tent. 

We were litterpicking from 6am and I think we had rainbows in the sky on Friday, Saturday and Monday first thing. And yes, I had to ‘brush’ my tent when I got it home to get the sand off! 

44 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I honestly can’t remember the Friday rain last year. I was probably in the tent getting ready as we left for the Pyramid about 11:30 to watch Ziggy Marley and it was glorious then. 

It was literally in the gap before Fender came on at around 7.30-8pm.

34 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

I was at the Libs early and still don’t remember any rain. I must have some sort of mental block going on. 😂 Mild showers at Glasto are no longer worth overwriting data for so I have a completely dry festival. Yay! 

It must have been raining before as I decided to wear wellies out that day which was a massive mistake but I don’t think it rained again by the time the libs started

1 hour ago, Barneym said:

It must have been raining before as I decided to wear wellies out that day which was a massive mistake but I don’t think it rained again by the time the libs started

I’m sure it rained overnight as I did the same then it rained briefly for Wolf Alice. All quite light and refreshing but someone at home sent me a mail article saying it was a mud fest .

Edited by One Tonne Baby

4 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

If you’re sat on a chair not moving anywhere all day you might want to put a hoody on. Those of us that will be darting about all over the site will welcome the breeze. 

It's 22C in London today and I'm darting about no problem. 22-24 is is perfect. 17C means no short sleeve shirts and also implies a very very cold evening. 

42 minutes ago, HyperTechnoHorse said:

It's 22C in London today and I'm darting about no problem. 22-24 is is perfect. 17C means no short sleeve shirts and also implies a very very cold evening. 

I’m in the West Country. It’s been 20C - 22C in the day this week but 6C overnight… 🥶

3 hours ago, briddj said:

It was literally in the gap before Fender came on at around 7.30-8pm.

Absolutely no memory of rain Friday. Around then, I would have been having a bite to eat in Avalon cafe. No recollection of rain whatsoever either then or in the morning. I think my psyche must be suppressing it. 

7 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It can't be as good as it has been for the past 8-10 days here in Somerset, can it? It's absolutely perfect again today

If it's anything like Devon then it's too hot.

No one can really want weather like this for the festival, unless they're a lizard.

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Maxed out at 23c here today. For us reptilians, that's damn near perfection. Considering it was around 10c hotter at the festival last year. 

Spot on day for me here ...... I now moved indoors to sit under my heat lamp 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HyperTechnoHorse said:

Today in London is the edge of ok for me especially running after a 3 year old. I’d prefer a couple of degrees colder, 17 is easily shorts and T-shirt weather and jumper in the evening 

18 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

If it's anything like Devon then it's too hot.

No one can really want weather like this for the festival, unless they're a lizard.

12 minutes ago, Barneym said:

Today in London is the edge of ok for me especially running after a 3 year old. I’d prefer a couple of degrees colder, 17 is easily shorts and T-shirt weather and jumper in the evening 

Can’t believe you’re serious with this? 20-25c is bang on, surely? Above 25 gets a bit much (like 2010 and 2019) but in the teens? You mental?

11 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Can’t believe you’re serious with this? 20-25c is bang on, surely? Above 25 gets a bit much (like 2010 and 2019) but in the teens? You mental?

Glad someone else agrees! Surprised to read those comments! This weather is perfect, dry and not scorching hot.

STICK.

Edited by gooner1990
typo
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I’d just rather be cold than hot, as easy to put on a jumper, today was and would be fine but I’d take colder before hotter anyday as long as it’s dry

5 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

It was late morning / early afternoon from what I remember but it wasn't much at all. The weather last year was great id take that again in a heartbeat. 2019 was too hot.