Your go to thirst quencher

EFC1996

13 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

A fish supper and a can  of Irn Bru after a bevvy session and there’s no hangover the next day.  These chew bars were actually banned because of the damage they were doing to kid’s teeth prompting a petition to bring them back.  

17E4CC55-02EA-4128-B551-1590660E1636.jpeg.8657fa47dfdd322ff08340aa4442d671.jpeg

I'm a fan of the Irn Bru combined with the below as a good combination 

caramel.jpg

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

My stash at the moment

2D935413-0789-418D-87F9-3B0888320A05.thumb.jpeg.76c4c732be49c4b2eb5de5908accf7c0.jpeg

I’ve never tried the caramel log but that Viscount is sitting there all lonely and waiting to be eaten.

Last festival after queueing for hours to get in in ridiculous heat, we headed to the rugby club stall between the Pyramid field and Williams Green and the ice-cold can of Coke might well be the best thing I’ve ever put in my mouth!

We go away on the ale every February and on the day after a session one of the lads buys an ice cream. How he's been mocked around various European cities. One year I joined him and bingo it sorted me out and hit the spot.

I also like a nice pint of Glastonbury milk on a Sunday to put some goodness in for the final push.

I have a mixed fruit Koppaberg every morning when I wake up not to get bevvied because its sharp. 

19 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I feel like this should be in the controversial thread... not sure if it's happened at Glastonbury but a few times a can of Hooch has brought me back into the game.

In fact, a few eFesters have actually seen the healing power of the lemon nectar on me..!!

Agreed! Going to stock up on a few for the mornings/lunchtime at Glasto

44 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

By Sunday, I have to have a decent cup of tea.  The craving for this happens ever year.

My pick me up breakfast drink is Buckfast, which I need to order a bottle of for this year!

Breakfast Bucky?  You're actually insane.

19 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Breakfast Bucky?  You're actually insane.

That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me on here!

I was looking like I was close to death one Saturday morning in about 2015.  One of the Scottish contingent in our group took pity on my and convinced me to try some of the mysterious fruit based drink he had with him and swore by.  Within 10 minutes, I had colour back in my cheeks, and felt 10 times better.  And hence Bucky became my go to recovery drink

10 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Hmm. I want a caramel log now, they sound ace. 

Also sounds like a euphemism for a soft poo.  See also: McSlurry.

7 hours ago, Greenelk said:

By Sunday, I have to have a decent cup of tea.  The craving for this happens ever year.

My pick me up breakfast drink is Buckfast, which I need to order a bottle of for this year!

The Tiny Tea Tent got me through a dreadful hangover a few years ago. It seemed to magically appear as I was wandering the site. 

Does anyone recall what drinks the Co-op sold? With the restrictions on plastic, was it limited to cans of coke / lemonade type stuff? 

6 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Excellent biscuit, soft caramel and wafer coated in chocolate rolled in toasted coconut. Here’s one I’ve just opened to show you what they are like

image.thumb.jpg.c179dfac9b32df60ab43db4f4be7ae2b.jpg

Best biscuit ever! Coconut in the teeth can be a bastard! But worth it!

6 hours ago, kalifire said:

If my thirst needs quenching, I'll turn to something non-alcoholic. Chilled, filtered water is the gold standard but I'm happy with lemonade or orange Tango.

When were you last in the UK?

Orange Tango, along with most soft drinks in the country, is now an abomination and may provide an extremely unpleasant shock.

27 minutes ago, incident said:

When were you last in the UK?

Orange Tango, along with most soft drinks in the country, is now an abomination and may provide an extremely unpleasant shock.

Nooo!! I was last there early January 2020, but a nearby corner shop gets British supplies and stocks orange Tango. Tastes alright to me! Maybe my palate is shot. 

15 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Nooo!! I was last there early January 2020, but a nearby corner shop gets British supplies and stocks orange Tango. Tastes alright to me! Maybe my palate is shot. 

The change was early 2018, so maybe it's not noticeable for you.

we crashed hard on the friday afternoon due to too much beer, and opted for a Long Island Iced Tea from one of the bars. best tenner i spent all week, I reckon it was omitted from the true Easter Sunday Ressurection testament. had enough alcohol to give you a small buzz but as it was also mostly coke the sugar helped immensely