Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, Dysonism said:

What's the main difference between a Chem Bros DJ set and a live set? I've seen their full on proper live show and it is mind-blowing, but my group are trying to decide between this or Primal Scream and are currently sat on the fence!

Well considering Primal Scream finish at 23:45 and Chems go on to 1:00, you can do a bit of both!

There wont be any of their visuals (no screens at arcadia) and it will be more mixing with some of their material thrown in, rather than purely their material. I imagine anyway

1 minute ago, leath02 said:

Well considering Primal Scream finish at 23:45 and Chems go on to 1:00, you can do a bit of both!

There wont be any of their visuals (no screens at arcadia) and it will be more mixing with some of their material thrown in, rather than purely their material. I imagine anyway

Chems (if it’s them) are on at 23.00

I think we're shaping up for something close to the below: 

William's Green Thurs - Bastille 

John Peel Tent Sun - Bloc Party

Park Stage Sun - Jack White

Jack's got prior with a Dead Weather secret set at the Park and I think the JPT slot will be someone smaller/less prestigious given how early it is. 

1 minute ago, MrRadioactiveCake said:

Jack's got prior with a Dead Weather secret set at the Park and I think the JPT slot will be someone smaller/less prestigious given how early it is. 

Bloc Party? Where is this coming from?

5 minutes ago, MrRadioactiveCake said:

If Bloc Party are gunna be anywhere, it will be the Transgressive takeover of the Rabbit hole, not JP

15 minutes ago, MrRadioactiveCake said:

Bloc Party would be such an underwhelming John Peel TBA, ain’t no way it’s gonna be them. 

2 minutes ago, smileyp123 said:

Does anyone think there is more excitement about the TBA's rather than the headliners and subs, maybe its not a strong bunch this year. 

We’ve known the headliners for ages now - essentially three years for both Macca and Kendrick - whereas we don’t know the TBAs so obviously talk about them is gonna be more prevalent. 

Edited by FloorFiller

3/4 of arctic monkeys were recently spotted at a wedding in the UK and Nick O’Malley and their touring musician, Tom Rowley were pictured getting new in ear monitors in Leeds. What a great way it’d be to kick off their new campaign and a hint at next year’s headline.

49 minutes ago, smileyp123 said:

Does anyone think there is more excitement about the TBA's rather than the headliners and subs, maybe its not a strong bunch this year. 

No. It's just we love to speculate on unknowns. 

The line up is as strong as any other just, stronger imo, but there's definitely a Glastonbury effect of names going on to be huge afterwards and becoming more recognisable. 

E.g. Oasis playing 8th down the other stage in 94 (followed by pulp, blur and Radiohead on the same day)

Edited by Leyrulion
  • Like 1

Watching Bloc Party's Glasto set in 2009 is what I'm pretty sure got me into the idea of going to festivals, would be a beautiful surprise for my first one.

If it is The Rabbit Hole, looks like I'd need it to be the second of the two surprises to avoid clashing with Foals!

23:30-00:15 & 01:00-01:45 are the two slots on the Friday, for anybody interested.

Edited by mttJ

2 minutes ago, mttJ said:

Watching Bloc Party's Glasto set in 2019 is what I'm pretty sure got me into the idea of going to festivals, would be a beautiful surprise for my first one.

If it is The Rabbit Hole, looks like I'd need it to be the second of the two surprises to avoid clashing with Foals!

23:30-00:15 & 01:00-01:45 are the two slots on the Friday, for anybody interested.

I think a Bloc Party secret set would be my Friday night headliner of choice

• Like 1