Volunteering 2022

stuie

19 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I may have thrown the idea out, maybe ,  but I really can't organize it, I won't have much access to efests leading up to the festival . Be nice though one day pre gates opening . 

No worries Funky & happy to organise it if the interest is there. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I may have thrown the idea out, maybe ,  but I really can't organize it, I won't have much access to efests leading up to the festival . Be nice though one day pre gates opening . 

10 minutes ago, joeltg said:

No worries Funky & happy to organise it if the interest is there. 

I'd be up for meeting for a drink or 3 somewhere on the Monday/Tuesday.  I'll be with two of my friends who are working for FMS - I'm with Oxfam.

• Upvote 1

Just now, tarw said:

I’m happy to start a thread with a poll to see when and where would be best but I’m crap at organising shit so if someone else wants to do that?

i think @joeltg has volunteered ...  sometimes i think its best just to decide a venue and go from there .... maybe a poll on what day .... too many variables make the organisation harder 

7 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I'll be up for it and be able to bring a few more along for a mini meet. @March Haretake your newbies on a site tour via quick pit stop at the volunteer meet ;-), two birds with one stone and all that 🙂

That’s a possibility and absolutely, if there is a meet and I can get there - I will

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, joeltg said:

Are we still intending to do a efests volunteer meet? 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Was @dondo thinking of doing this ? 

Yes. I was thinking the Monday night probably as I know recycling crew and Oxfam have their separate bar crawls on the Tuesday night which folk may wish to go on.

Happy for others to organise do a poll etc. though as not precious about organising it.

Edited by dondo
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, March Hare said:

We’re are at the business end of things now. Desperation for those who don’t have a route in and not many options left. 

Keep the faith. Anyone thinking of going I wouldn't give up hope yet keep checking the  Oxfam site. I was contacted by Festaff the other day.  

8 hours ago, marathonsteve said:

Keep the faith. Anyone thinking of going I wouldn't give up hope yet keep checking the  Oxfam site. I was contacted by Festaff the other day.  

So did I. Offer said it was exclusive to the person named in the email though. And you had to sign up for two festivals with them. No thanks!

8 hours ago, marathonsteve said:

Fully agree, plenty of tips on here will sort anyone who really wants a place