Change display name?

TheDayman

6 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Neil kindly changed mine a few years ago. It’s still pretty dull but the first one was worse.

I quite fancy being Tropical Fuck Storm. But I’ll stick to this.

That would be a great name for someone. I will admit that I didn't exactly put much effort into my user name. I kept trying things and it kept on coming up that that name was taken. So, I just thought of the silliest, most stupid, words that i could think of 'knowing' that nobody else would ever have taken that name.

4 hours ago, Quark said:

It was the first thing that came into my head when I read it.

AWIMB AWAY

AWIMB AWAY

AWIMB AWAY

In the jungle, the mighty jungle...

I know someone who wants that played at her funeral.

What does AWIMB actually mean. I've looked it up (as best i can right now) and came up with something to do with arsenal football club, and a forum that looks so odd that I daren't delve in there to see what it is about etc.

33 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I know someone who wants that played at her funeral.

What does AWIMB actually mean. I've looked it up (as best i can right now) and came up with something to do with arsenal football club, and a forum that looks so odd that I daren't delve in there to see what it is about etc.

Arsenal World Interactive Message Board

1 hour ago, circus92 said:

Excellent 🤣

I can only imagine that not many people come onto this thread - that's the only explanation I can come up with for the lack of upvotes.  I would give it 2 if I could.

I mostly make shit jokes for my own benefit anyway 😄

32 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Arsenal World Interactive Message Board

I'm not 'allowed' to up vote right now, which is unfortunate. The penny has now dropped. I know somebody (vaguely) who has a football forum and kind of gets by on the earnings. Or at least, it was in profit last time I talked to him. He's kind of a white hat with a tendency towards menace against some forces.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm not 'allowed' to up vote right now, which is unfortunate. The penny has now dropped. I know somebody (vaguely) who has a football forum and kind of gets by on the earnings. Or at least, it was in profit last time I talked to him. He's kind of a white hat with a tendency towards menace against some forces.

I also know (quite well) someone who runs a football club’s enormously popular unofficial forum. He has a tendency towards controversy and self-sabotage and consequently spent a year banned from attending his club’s games because of something he published about the owners of a certain other club and their nation’s human rights record. 

6 hours ago, blutarsky said:

I also know (quite well) someone who runs a football club’s enormously popular unofficial forum. He has a tendency towards controversy and self-sabotage and consequently spent a year banned from attending his club’s games because of something he published about the owners of a certain other club and their nation’s human rights record. 

Interesting. Very interesting. Well I wonder, does your acquaintance / friend (?) have more than a minor involvement in the Extinction Rebellion movement / group?

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Interesting. Very interesting. Well I wonder, does your acquaintance / friend (?) have more than a minor involvement in the Extinction Rebellion movement / group?

Not as far as I’m aware. Their forum is a south coast club. NSC. 

59 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Not as far as I’m aware. Their forum is a south coast club. NSC. 

I don't think it's the same bloke then. I think (but am not sure) that my bloke's site is an unofficial site for one of the London Premiership teams. I know nothing about soccer, or any other sport, for that matter.