2023 legend slot

ProperTea

6 hours ago, Jose Pose said:

That’s not what I said is it. I said if the criteria is now - has some poppy hits and will draw an enormous crowd, it now opens the slot up to another 50 odd acts.

But it isn’t is it? To qualify for the Legends slot you also have to, and this is the tricky part, be a legend
S Club 7 aren’t going to be doing it anytime soon

32 minutes ago, henry bear said:

But it isn’t is it? To qualify for the Legends slot you also have to, and this is the tricky part, be a legend
S Club 7 aren’t going to be doing it anytime soon

But do you really?

There are fart less true legends in the game than most would think, and most of them are dead.

I can only think of one actual legend who has played that slot - Johnny Cash, and that may have been before it was a specific slot.

14 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

But do you really?

There are fart less true legends in the game than most would think, and most of them are dead.

I can only think of one actual legend who has played that slot - Johnny Cash, and that may have been before it was a specific slot.

So basically, you personally have to like them before they can be deemed a legend. 🙄

Actual "Legends" by any definition you like that are still performing and would NAIL this slot: -

• Billy Ocean
  • Annie Lennox (inc. Eurythmics catalogue)
  • Billy Joel
  • Duran Duran.

Can't think of any more really.  I'm not sure I'd put Bon Jovi or GnR in that bracket.  Anyone else is probably headliner or nothing - Elton John, Depeche Mode, Fleetwood Mac etc.

Still think it's Steps.

Abba would be the ultimate legend slot. Below them you'd have Cher, Tina Turner etc... Below that tier you'd get acts like Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Robbie Williams and Spice Girls. Obviously Fleetwood Mac would only be headliners, but them in the legend slot would be the stuff of dreams, no pun intended

Edited by downtherabbithole

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Actual "Legends" by any definition you like that are still performing and would NAIL this slot: -

• Billy Ocean
  • Annie Lennox (inc. Eurythmics catalogue)
  • Billy Joel
  • Duran Duran.

Can't think of any more really.  I'm not sure I'd put Bon Jovi or GnR in that bracket.  Anyone else is probably headliner or nothing - Elton John, Depeche Mode, Fleetwood Mac etc.

Still think it's Steps.

Bob Dylan? Joni Mitchell? Neil Young? Van Morrison? Rod Stewart? David Gilmour? Not to suggest I think any of them will be doing this slot any time soon, but there’s plenty of artists who could readily be described as legends.

3 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Bob Dylan? Joni Mitchell? Neil Young? Van Morrison? Rod Stewart? David Gilmour? Not to suggest I think any of them will be doing this slot any time soon, but there’s plenty of artists who could readily be described as legends.

Van Morrison can get in the fucking sea, the miserable, old, anti-vax, conspiracy theory nutcase!

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Nah, I got told yesterday by a good source that there's some live stuff planned over the next year. No idea how extensive but it's the 25th anniversary of Spiceworld.

To be honest I hadn't realised they had played together as recently as 3 years. 

These two were clearly not feeling charitable about it. 

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/may/25/spice-girls-review-nostalgia-live-croke-park-dublin

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/reviews/spice-girls-reunion-tour-review-wembley-stadium-uk-comeback-setlist-a8958521.html