2023 legend slot

ProperTea

As a 90s child Steps would be kind of a guilty pleasure, but I wouldn't call them legends at all.

In fact, I think they are Better Best Forgotten.

What about Madge?

She's been larking about on TikTok, missing bins and generally being visible. 

8 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Thank you. Fucking Steps. 

Played the likes of Carfest, Mighty Hoopla, Back 2 Festival in 2022 but gonna be taking the 4th headliner slot at Glastonbury in 2023. Get em on Avalon if you must. 

What about Pulp? They've headlined and subbed, been around since forever. If this is their last hurrah tour, why not sign off at Glastonbury as the legend? Sure they could sub again, but nobody wants them playing under Arctic Monkeys or GnR. 

9 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Played the likes of Carfest, Mighty Hoopla, Back 2 Festival in 2022 but gonna be taking the 4th headliner slot at Glastonbury in 2023. Get em on Avalon if you must. 

What about Pulp? They've headlined and subbed, been around since forever. If this is their last hurrah tour, why not sign off at Glastonbury as the legend? Sure they could sub again, but nobody wants them playing under Arctic Monkeys or GnR. 

Yeah, there's a place for everyone at the big G and they would fit quite nicely in the pop slot that Avalon has recently introduced. Loads of fun to be had there but to suggest them for a slot that has been occupied by the likes of Al Green, Ray Davies, Barry Gibb and Diana Ross is next level top drawer peak eFests at it's finest.

Pulp is a strange one, isn't it? The Glasto cognoscenti would probably place them in a favourable position, whereas a younger audience may wonder what all the fuss is about. Although they have "legendary" status, and the "teatime" slot is sometimes referred to as a fourth headliner, it feels like they're worthy of something higher up the bill. I can only position them as Pyramid sub or Other headliner, but then I'm from a generation that remembers them at their peak

10 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yeah, there's a place for everyone at the big G and they would fit quite nicely in the pop slot that Avalon has recently introduced. Loads of fun to be had there but to suggest them for a slot that has been occupied by the likes of Al Green, Ray Davies, Barry Gibb and Diana Ross is next level top drawer peak eFests at it's finest.

Pulp is a strange one, isn't it? The Glasto cognoscenti would probably place them in a favourable position, whereas a younger audience may wonder what all the fuss is about. Although they have "legendary" status, and the "teatime" slot is sometimes referred to as a fourth headliner, it feels like they're worthy of something higher up the bill. I can only position them as Pyramid sub or Other headliner, but then I'm from a generation that remembers them at their peak

It better not be Pulp as I'd have to go then. I am hoping for something that excites lots of people but that I would be more than happy to miss out on like Robbie Williams or The Spice Girls or Take That. 

6 minutes ago, Festival Liam said:

Steps are actually really good live, if that's your sort of thing. (it is mine)

Praying they don't get booked for the "Avalon slot" as it would just be carnage again. Get em on at 2pm on the Pyramid and give everyone the chance to have some fun.

After the Sugababes debacle this year I agree.  Absolute mental scenes.

43 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I reckon they'll drop a name soon. Have Arctic Monkeys sold out every date? If they have, I reckon they'll be the obvious one. I have a strange feeling that the other two headliners might not even be signed-up yet

this is all that’s left on the tour 

Coventry limited seats

Manchester night 2 limited premium seats

swansea limited seats 

25 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Disco 2000 and Common People are still ubiquitous with Gen Z enough for then to be recognisable, much more so than Roxy Music. They've headlined Pyramid, subbed it, done a secret set. Is the legend slot something that Jarvis and Co wanna tick off to complete their legacy? I feel they really don't fit as an Other headliner, and they've ticked off the Pyramid sub box. That's exactly where I'd place their stock - legend slot is an equivalent and maybe something they wanna do? Could easily see Jarvis approaching the festival about doing it as soon as the reunion discussions were going on. 

5 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Disco 2000 and Common People are still ubiquitous with Gen Z enough for then to be recognisable, much more so than Roxy Music. They've headlined Pyramid, subbed it, done a secret set. Is the legend slot something that Jarvis and Co wanna tick off to complete their legacy? I feel they really don't fit as an Other headliner, and they've ticked off the Pyramid sub box. That's exactly where I'd place their stock - legend slot is an equivalent and maybe something they wanna do? Could easily see Jarvis approaching the festival about doing it as soon as the reunion discussions were going on. 

All really good points. I can definitely see the logic in that way of thinking. Would arguably draw them a much larger crowd at that time, too. Headlining the Other comes at the cost of going up against a large Pyramid crowd. Yeah, I wouldn't be averse to this happening

4 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Don't think they've subbed it?

They've (in order), played the Other Stage in daytime, headlined The Pyramid twice, and done a Park secret set.

15 hours ago, FrancisH said:

Up against Janet Jackson and Lizzo to be fair to the guy, but yeah not a legend slot act for me.

yeah, he has no hits at all. if hes doing songs he played on, perhaps he could do his talking heads stuff. 🙂 

Edited by Neil

15 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Not only would this be fantastic it's also much more likely than Roxy, in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, incident said:

Don't think they've subbed it?

They've (in order), played the Other Stage in daytime, headlined The Pyramid twice, and done a Park secret set.

Apologies think I got them subbing R+L in a mix. Did they even sub that? Lord knows

12 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

All really good points. I can definitely see the logic in that way of thinking. Would arguably draw them a much larger crowd at that time, too. Headlining the Other comes at the cost of going up against a large Pyramid crowd. Yeah, I wouldn't be averse to this happening

Just feel the only other place for them other than they Pyramid would be The Park and they've ticked that off. Sunny Sunday afternoon, cold beer in hand, Jarvis swaggering his way around the Pyramid whilst the crowd eats it up. It just seems to work.

Just now, Neil said:

roxy are also a reform, and an act who have never played.

i dont caree if they play or not, mut my info is that theyre doing the legends slot, a very fitting act, with mant more hits than bazza has (