Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

Although I do think he’s gonna take the fourth down Pyramid slot, I wonder if Paolo could even take Liam Gallagher’s kind-of-not-so-secret set from a couple of years ago and play mid/high Other.

Just now, Matt42 said:

He was lowballed in 2014 so it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s lowballed again eight years later. Difficult one to predict on the lineup. I think he was subbing / headlining most festivals he was playing when he subbed the other stage.

Does he have new material due or is he just playing some live shows this summer? If it’s the latter I think him being slightly lowballed is fair enough as he’ll just be playing the same shit as last time (not that that matters to most people, but he has been away fr a while so not unreasonable to think he’s happy to just take the slots he’s given).

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

He was lowballed in 2014 so it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s lowballed again eight years later. Difficult one to predict on the lineup. I think he was subbing / headlining most festivals he was playing when he subbed the other stage.

Was only subbing T in the Park in 2014, TRNSMT is basically the same festival as that, and now he's headlining, i'm saying Other headliner.

Just now, Acid_Haze said:

Was only subbing T in the Park in 2014, TRNSMT is basically the same festival as that, and now he's headlining, i'm saying Other headliner.

To be fair I’m sure he was billed as a headliner at T that year, they had a late licence which allowed them to have Paolo at normal headliner time and Calvin Harris on afterwards. 

Fourth down on the Pyramid feels a bit low for him but it probably makes the most sense. If he’s on the Other stage then I think subbing it again, with Doja Cat or Megan Thee Stallion headling, seems more realistic and gives a better contrast to Macca.

15 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Nah he was deffo a headliner. I was there. Paolo was the big act of the night not Calvin.

I can't see him being up against McCartney, but it would be the missing headliner. Would he pull enough people away from McCartney, vs what a more pop/dance act would do? 

To me, people who would of seen him 7-8 years ago, would now chose to go see McCartney over him and then the younger generation (18 - 20) probably aren't too familiar/remember him all too well. 

Basically I'm doing a standard Efests of talking out my ass in hopes he's not clashing.

Edited by chazwwe

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m sliding a bit to him being a JP headliner.

Why does that Megan // Burna Boy top 2 on the other slowly but surely look more feasible?

There’s no way he’s a JP headliner. How can you go from saying he’s big/was lowballed last time to thinking they’re gonna shove him in the John Peel tent?!

I honestly think fourth down is perfect for him. He’s not released anything in years and hasn’t really gotten any bigger, so him doing Other sub last time = fourth Pyramid this time adds up imo. 

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m sliding a bit to him being a JP headliner.

Why does that Megan // Burna Boy top 2 on the other slowly but surely look more feasible?

Dude, he's headlining festivals and is a huge multi plat selling artist thats returning to performing for the first time in a long while, they're not putting him in the JP tent, it would be stupid. 

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

There’s no way he’s a JP headliner. How can you go from saying he’s big/was lowballed last time to thinking they’re gonna shove him in the John Peel tent?!

I honestly think fourth down is perfect for him. He’s not released anything in years and hasn’t really gotten any bigger, so him doing Other sub last time = fourth Pyramid this time adds up imo. 

9 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Dude, he's headlining festivals and is a huge multi plat selling artist thats returning to performing for the first time in a long while, they're not putting him in the JP tent, it would be stupid. 

Tbh I have no clue he’s a strange one.

46 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

In fairness, The Streets are also headlined Victorious and topped the JP last time they played each fest respectively. Admittedly it was rammo so I doubt they would want to repeat that situation

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Obviously some people will stay for Elbow, but that Sam Fender crowd is gonna be absolutely rammed to the max and a proper ‘where you there?’ moment of the festival considering how big he’s gotten over the past couple of years. If you’re planning on going Diana to him I think it’d be wise of position yourself somewhere with a swift exit path to the Other field.

Can't decide if I fancy seeing Fender or not. I get that it'll be a massive "moment" but don't think I can't be arsed with the massive Other crowd he's going to attract.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Can't decide if I fancy seeing Fender or not. I get that it'll be a massive "moment" but don't think I can't be arsed with the massive Other crowd he's going to attract.

I’ve not managed to catch him yet so he’s a must see for me.

Think this is the last time for a while to see him playing supporting duties too.

how nailed on is it with diana ross on the pyramid and sam fender on the other roughly one after the other? is it just guess work or is there concrete info?

i dont want a shit spot for both by going in between 😞 i might just have to choose one.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I’ve not managed to catch him yet so he’s a must see for me.

Think this is the last time for a while to see him playing supporting duties too.

I've heard he's great live and quite like his singles, but to be honest I find his albums rather dull.

Just put the new one on to see if it can change my mind.

Seventeen Going Under has "BBC montage" written all over it.

1 minute ago, TiZuff said:

how nailed on is it with diana ross on the pyramid and sam fender on the other roughly one after the other? is it just guess work or is there concrete info?

i dont want a shit spot for both by going in between 😞 i might just have to choose one.

It's pretty nailed on. We had good info that Sam Fender is 3rd down

Go see Diana Ross, you will have a million chances to see Sam Fender

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I've heard he's great live and quite like his singles, but to be honest I find his albums rather dull.

Just put the new one on to see if it can change my mind.

Seventeen Going Under has "BBC montage" written all over it.

I much prefer debut to album 2

4 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

Based on the rumours and 2019 times you’ll have over an hour between them

4 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

We were told he’s in the Billie Eilish 2019 slot on Other, but none of us were sure whether that meant specifically Sunday. So I’d say there’s a good chance but he could easily end up being on a different day.