Act missing from poster

Crazyfool01

9 hours ago, sirjonnyp said:

I was really hoping to see The Coral on there, they're touring the 20th anniversary this year and have been announced for a few other UK festivals at this stage. I'm amazed that they haven't played since 2007, having previously played 02, 03 and 05 as well. They would be great for a mid-afternoon Park set. 

Me too, they would easily fit lower down though in the slots that The Cribs got last time or even lower.

I'm looking at Pennfest. £55 for Clean Bandit, MOS Classical, Jake Bugg, The Coral and The Pigeon Detectives is great. I think Zutons are the same day too.

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Me too, they would easily fit lower down though in the slots that The Cribs got last time or even lower.

I'm looking at Pennfest. £55 for Clean Bandit, MOS Classical, Jake Bugg, The Coral and The Pigeon Detectives is great. I think Zutons are the same day too.

How's the drive? 

14 hours ago, sirjonnyp said:

I was really hoping to see The Coral on there, they're touring the 20th anniversary this year and have been announced for a few other UK festivals at this stage. I'm amazed that they haven't played since 2007, having previously played 02, 03 and 05 as well. They would be great for a mid-afternoon Park set. 

One of my friends is currently the support act for The Coral, I will reach out and ask him. 

Just now, sisco said:

Ooh please! Asked them on Twitter a lot but they ignore me… just as much 

I will send him a text later and see what he says. I know he is hoping to play somewhere himself too. He is on tour with them now, if I get an answer, I will let you know!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/8/2022 at 3:33 AM, vintagelaureate said:

One of my friends is currently the support act for The Coral, I will reach out and ask him. 

That would be great. Would have loved to attend one of the 20th anniversary shows, but sadly I'm on the other side of the world. Glad I got to see them again in 2016 and 2018 before moving out here. 

Morning.

Happy to be the one that steps up and says it. Due to the constant back and forth over the past few days I’m going to take a punt we are missing a Friday pyramid sub and a Saturday other headliner.

Reason being that if Simz is on the Saturday WH I can’t see them putting Megan/Doja up on the Other stage… and I don’t think Wolf Alice are subbing the pyramid.

Happy to take the flack. But I think there’s good reason for it now.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Morning.

Happy to be the one that steps up and says it. Due to the constant back and forth over the past few days I’m going to take a punt we are missing a Friday pyramid sub and a Saturday other headliner.

Reason being that if Simz is on the Saturday WH I can’t see them putting Megan/Doja up on the Other stage… and I don’t think Wolf Alice are subbing the pyramid.

Thank you for being so brave.

• Upvote 1

Tbh I wouldn’t be too surprised if we’ve still got some major acts to come, but I’m not gonna speculate on what slots they’ll be. Matt could be right, or it could just be that they’ve got smaller or less traditional acts in those slots this year that are already on the poster. Megan or Doja vs. Simz would be a strange one, but stranger things have happened I suppose. And Wolf Alice subbing, again, seems a bit naff, but they’re clearly fast becoming friends of the festival so why the fuck not? 

On 3/7/2022 at 2:21 AM, sirjonnyp said:

I was chatting to a close relative of one them ( I won’t say which one so as not to embarrass them )and in short , it’s not financially worth them playing.  

Edited by SERRIDGER

1 minute ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

If we’re missing an Other headliner it’s gonna end up being Fatboy Slim.

This is what I was leaning to actually.

Think they’ve got a pyramid sub that requires their own announcement, but I don’t think there will be a big song and dance about the missing other headline. Could just be Fatboy.

1 minute ago, SERRIDGER said:

I was chatting to a close relative on one them ( I won’t say which one so as not to embarrass them )and in short , it’s not financially worth them playing.  

Yeah, there are seven of em to pay these days. Such a shame, The Coral, a cold cider and the summer sunshine is a killer combo 

17 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Morning.

Thank you for your service

Regarding the Saturday other headliner if little Simz did clash with Megan or Doja it would be a big step forward in how much hip hop is now accepted at Glastonbury. Rock acts clash all the time and maybe we are at the point now where hip hop acts are so frequent they will clash with each other occasionally

28 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Morning.

I'm with Matt. I still think those cunning Eavises have got some surprises up their sleeves...

Just now, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Thank you for your service

Regarding the Saturday other headliner if little Simz did clash with Megan or Doja it would be a big step forward in how much hip hop is now accepted at Glastonbury. Rock acts clash all the time and maybe we are at the point now where hip hop acts are so frequent they will clash with each other occasionally

I know it sounds like I’m trying to will something into existence but I do think there’s some logic to what I’m saying.

Doja appears to be subbing at every festival she’s playing across the world this year. Even the smaller ones like longitude she’s subbing. I don’t know how much power her management will have, but it seems to be like she’s asking for the same kind of slot everywhere she goes. I reckon she’s on the pyramid, as a second stage headline performance would stick out amongst her dates.

Megan seems to play wherever someone will have her and her slots are incredibly fluid. No real pattern at all in her timing or stage. I think an other sub slot (similar to the hip hop bookings they’ve had in the past of Dave, Stormzy and maybe AJ Tracey in 2020 just feels right). Not to say Glastonbury follows a pattern but a hiphop/rap other stage sub is on trend for them. I also personally think Megan would work best at that ‘just before night’ slot. As other subs tend to play a bit more in the dark than pyramid subs.