The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

Not what you want for the main delivery day.  

F71C5973-02F4-493D-90A4-5C60B3346618.thumb.jpeg.45572dafb9877eda91eaa5ca1540b4f5.jpeg

You'd like to think the festival have a little bit of breathing room in the site build so they could say "right, no heavy vehicle movements for Sunday afternoon to let this crap go through." Don't know if that's realistic though.

2 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

Yeah, but not we are having 5 days straight of rain and counting from Saturday...

As it stands now, it's mostly drizzle on the saturday, sunday looks potentially biblical but then it's dry (aside from a possibility of v. light showers on the weds) over the festival.

Temps reach 21 degrees on the tuesday so should be warm enough to dry out the site somewhat before the gates open.

It's on a knife edge at the moment.  That low pressure sweeping in on the Wednesday has the potential to bring doom.  Hopefully the next set of runs will have it being pushed out but I'm not holding my breath

1 minute ago, jimmillen said:

You'd like to think the festival have a little bit of breathing room in the site build so they could say "right, no heavy vehicle movements for Sunday afternoon to let this crap go through." Don't know if that's realistic though.

Mr E did delay gates being opened in 2011 to allow surface water to subside. If there’s one person who will call the shots when to allow vehicles on to his land at the right time it’s him

Just now, AlexOvd said:

What website is this one?

MetCheck. Been reliable for me for previous Glastos. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

How are some of the temperature predictions so cold. Seems like a madness for mid summer. 

Because the models have no real idea yet what is going to happen after Friday. Looking at the temperature ensembles for next week, there's a temperature range from 12.6 degrees to 27.4 degrees for 1pm on Sat 25th. 

47 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Now THAT I like. No rain all through. Never that hot. Sign me up.

35 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Lovely and cold, bring your big coats.

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you two? 😡

6 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

This is a direct consequence of cooler weather. 

If you want it dry then it’s going to be warm. 

You can’t have it both ways. 

also...wednesday looks cold...but dry?

whereas the sunday biblical stuff which is potentially going to fuck eveything is a consequence of the stupid hot stuff from S Europe.

39 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Can't be right, those temperatures are unbearably cold. Will be difficult to go taps aff on Wednesday at this rate.

Thank God for that. The thought of brushing up against all those sweaty grotesque, spindly, ghost-like chests in the John Peel, turns my stomach inside out.

• Like 1