The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

Just now, JoeyT said:

People trying to argue a case for mud is elite level shithousery

Yeah, but war stories afterwards, you can bore your mates to tears about how it was THIS deep but we just all cracked on and danced while in ankle deep slurry

8 minutes ago, amishsexpistol said:

Met office looking quite downbeat and that's the forecasting I tend to trust. Admittedly, they are only doing general national forecasts at this point with regional trends, nothing specific to Pilton, but seems to be pointing to a cold and showery one. 

just looked at met office and for this weekend they have some rain on saturday and none on sunday.

2 hours ago, gherkin8r said:

That Saturday was ridiculous. We were at John Peel tent for She Drew the gun and Gerry Cinnamon and it was just unbearable. Had to go and lie on the shade for a bit between 2 tents. The ground in the Mandela bar was just completely covered with people seeking refuge from the sun

I didn't even make if for Gerry. Was making my way down stopping at the ice cream vans for a lolly (must have had about 4 by the time I got nearby) and I took one look at the crowds and gave up, headed for the woods to find the only single bit of shade left. Some inconsiderate arsehole next to me when leaving let her little boy piss on the grass so took up a very valuable spot for someone else 😡

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Sit on one of the many, many benches dotted about!

You realise that those plentiful benches are not quite so plentiful when EVERYONE is trying to use them. Loads of them spare when 90% of people are sitting on dry grass

• Upvote 1