The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

56 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

I'd take being tired from the heat but able to  wear trainers, sit down wherever I want, get around the site easier and  not be cold or wet over mud any day of the week.

Where's the upside to it being wet and muddy?  Being able to sleep in a little later in the mornings?  The thrill of slipping in the mud? taking 3 times as long to get around the site?

Less sore feet.

5 minutes ago, PollyPeach said:

Bearing in mind how dry it's been in the sunup, if it rains all weekend, could it still end up being very muddy, aka welly conditions? My hope was we might swerve that, but I know how quickly the site gets churned up when the rain starts.

that is the million dollar question. If does get above 20-30mm on sunday, and the following days also are on and off rain and not that warm then yes could be muddy.

Edited by steviewevie

25 minutes ago, The Nal said:

YR have updated, dear oh dear oh dear.

A months worth of rain in 24 hours.

Topped up nicely with a few days of more shite. 

image.png.e1b288ef28ee833dab31829d937d35d2.png

What the fuck is up with this unhinged lunatic and his 25 minute forecasts? 

He loves weather?

On the downpour on Sunday - if rain was to fall between now and setting off home on the Monday, a massive downpour in one go this Sunday is probably the best case outcome.  I reckon the hard hard ground and the current drainage will cope with it nicely.  Half the amount that fell in 2005, with nobody there and way, way better drainage.

I hope!