The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

2 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

image.thumb.png.dbf7fe85992190ea636f008909cabd78.png

This Saturday is gonna be a shit ton of rain in a short burst I reckon. Depends what the rain is gonna be like Sunday and Monday, if it's light drizzle or constant downpours. But I still reckon if that Tuesday holds and it's relatively warm and dry, we could fine regardless of what happens this weekend.

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

This Saturday is gonna be a shit ton of rain in a short burst I reckon. Depends what the rain is gonna be like Sunday and Monday, if it's light drizzle or constant downpours. But I still reckon if that Tuesday holds and it's relatively warm and dry, we could fine regardless of what happens this weekend.

I live in Prague and yesterday was one of the biggest storms I've ever seen, literally biblical. It was after 3 days of extreme heat and the ground in front of the house in the park was flooded and in 4 hours with sun after it dried. I can imagine the ground in Pilton now is very dry and dusty and can behave in the same way...

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

BBC says it is 16C this morning and out walking the dog the sun was out and it felt too hot. Dog also said it felt too hot. Makes all the difference if sun is out. So if we're going to have anything above 20 it has to be cloudy.

Yeah, it's apparently 17 degrees here but just went for a walk in the sun and it feels more like 23. Anything around 19-21 degrees if the sun is out should be more than fine.

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

BBC says it is 16C this morning and out walking the dog the sun was out and it felt too hot. Dog also said it felt too hot. Makes all the difference if sun is out. So if we're going to have anything above 20 it has to be cloudy.

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Agreed. 

If the weather is shit for the festival I am squarely blaming you two, jabbering on with your "cold is best" bollocks.  Don't you see you're tempting fate!

Cold leads to low pressure.  Low pressure leads to clouds and rain.  Rain leads to mud.  Path to the dark side that is.

image.jpeg.5068bce396053e98b43b5fa5768e350f.jpeg

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

If the weather is shit for the festival I am squarely blaming you two, jabbering on with your "cold is best" bollocks.  Don't you see you're tempting fate!

Cold leads to low pressure.  Low pressure leads to clouds and rain.  Rain leads to mud.  Path to the dark side that is.

image.jpeg.5068bce396053e98b43b5fa5768e350f.jpeg

It's all subjective dude. For me 30C and sunny is shit, same as constant rain is shit. Anyway. we don't want cold, we just don't want hot, ideally something like we've been getting so far this month... sun/cloud and 18/19C...which is infact the average weather for this time of year.

19 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

200w.gif

I'll settle on 22C, no clouds, pure sun.

Edited by fightoffyour

Worse than middling day time temperatures is the inevitable freezing off of tits at night, particularly as there isn't really a heat island effect when you're camping. It's miserable about having to add endless layers so you aren't shivering the entire time. The heat in 2019 meant that nights had a wild energy about them that can't be beat. 

4 minutes ago, amishsexpistol said:

Worse than middling day time temperatures is the inevitable freezing off of tits at night, particularly as there isn't really a heat island effect when you're camping. It's miserable about having to add endless layers so you aren't shivering the entire time. The heat in 2019 meant that nights had a wild energy about them that can't be beat. 

nice and cloudy keeps the temperatures up at night.

4 minutes ago, amishsexpistol said:

Great point.  I was up until 3-ish every night in short sleeves.  Of course, being pissed and dancing like a daft twat also helps.