The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

9 minutes ago, briddj said:

Overall, it's even worse than last night. There might not be as much rain over the weekend before, but the festival itself would be miserable.

The good news is the 18Z is clearly an outlier.

I've been watching this thread pretending to know what's going on... When we say miserable, is that a wash-out or less than hot weather or?

Just now, Alvoram said:

In that case, mostly pretty damn chilli and a few showers. 

Thanks!

I can live with that. I'm not the biggest fan of heat (I'm currently in bed with no covers and the windows open at 13°) but the rain and mud is what does me in. Luckily my worst year has been the storm in 2014 but I'm absolutely dreading a mud bath every year!

5 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Is this the famous Pilton forcefield at work? 

It’s a good example but it works even at at more micro level. From memory in 2019 there were people in other parts of somerset getting biblical rain while pilton was bathed in sunshine. It’s probably the most important site upgrade. No need to worry about drainage if you can just divert the rain. 

3 minutes ago, joeruss said:

Accuweather does not make good reading today..

same app that tells me almost every single day over november/december sort of time at some point that `snow will start in xx minutes` on its minute forecast when theres barely a cloud in the sky .....yeah about as `accurate` as the beeb lol