What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

1 hour ago, waynewdk said:

Just changed my phone Lock Screen to this, I know the ice thing exists, but thought this maybe a good idea

F8E3E1B9-B754-4C6A-ABC3-57A554481563.jpeg

Great tip, thanks!

Also, ramming big things into smaller things.

Spraying everything with waterproofing.

Getting over-excited

9 minutes ago, Northtim said:

Admitted to hospital - jaundice, hooked up to drip. 3 years dreams and last few weeks excitement gone up in smoke. Gutted - there have been tears from a 50 year old.

Nooooo!  So gutted for you.  Don't know what else to say really.

13 minutes ago, Northtim said:

Admitted to hospital - jaundice, hooked up to drip. 3 years dreams and last few weeks excitement gone up in smoke. Gutted - there have been tears from a 50 year old.

Oh fuck, mate. Is there no chance of making it? I was in hospital overnight on Saturday with anaphylaxis and had similar worries at the time but will be fine to make it. Is there no hope? 

Gathered together some things, thought "they feel a bit heavy" considering they're supplementary to a rucksack of clothes which will be coming with me on the coach.

Bought 3 lighters just because it can always be useful to have a lighter at Glastonbury 🔥

At the weekend I tested my (slightly posher equivalent to) lenor bottle.  Estimated capacity two overnight wees.

1 hour ago, Northtim said:

Really sorry to hear this, hope there is a way you can at least make it for the weekend perhaps 😞 

Worried about how I'm going to get a decent spot for Macca and Diana.

Having decided on footwear, am having last minute indecisions re DMs, walking boots, trainers - only want to take one of them.

Trying to decide whether to finish work early tomorrow as a) I'm pretty much up to date workwise and b) my son has offered to drive me into Brum early and have a meal out/drink/chill before checking into my hotel.  BUT need to go into the office to print my clashfinder/itinerary and have online training in the morning which is easier to do at home.  Can I get away with a couple of hours in the office ostensibly to have a catchup/handover with colleagues which in reality is to do some printing.  

Seem completely unable to make any decisions!!

Oh and paid the Emissions Charge (or whatever it's called) to drive into Brum tomorrow.  And panicked when I checked the walk from hotel to coach station to find it was half an hour's walk, only to find I was mistakenly looking at a similarly named place.

I've just been checking the battery settings on my phone. I have a few powerbanks but I could do without constant bombardments from gmail etc while I am at the fest.

If you have a Galaxy phone, then this looks like a good option to try:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00079037/

https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s22-s22-plus-s22-ultra/1041761-best-way-saving-battery.html

Particularly "Limit apps and Home screen". This allows you to limit yourself to a few apps (4)... and once I turned that on, it now shows as having an expected battery life of 4 days.

19 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Worried about how I'm going to get a decent spot for Macca and Diana.

Having decided on footwear, am having last minute indecisions re DMs, walking boots, trainers - only want to take one of them.

Trying to decide whether to finish work early tomorrow as a) I'm pretty much up to date workwise and b) my son has offered to drive me into Brum early and have a meal out/drink/chill before checking into my hotel.  BUT need to go into the office to print my clashfinder/itinerary and have online training in the morning which is easier to do at home.  Can I get away with a couple of hours in the office ostensibly to have a catchup/handover with colleagues which in reality is to do some printing.  

Seem completely unable to make any decisions!!

Maybe you can get the hotel to print your clashfinder? In the old days they'd charge for that kind of thing but I'd say these days unless you have 20 pages they'd be helpful?

2 minutes ago, Flying_Hellfish said:

I've just been checking the battery settings on my phone. I have a few powerbanks but I could do without constant bombardments from gmail etc while I am at the fest.

3 minutes ago, Flying_Hellfish said:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s22-s22-plus-s22-ultra/1041761-best-way-saving-battery.html

Particularly "Limit apps and Home screen". This allows you to limit yourself to a few apps (4)... and once I turned that on, it now shows as having an expected battery life of 4 days.

Yep, extreme power saving mode is the way to go. Take it out occasionally if you have to, but find I can get most stuff I need there.

Also worth (if you've not done it already) going into Device Care and optimising, helps shut down unused apps etc

Just now, moogster said:

Maybe you can get the hotel to print your clashfinder? In the old days they'd charge for that kind of thing but I'd say these days unless you have 20 pages they'd be helpful?

Yeeeeeaaah, you've not seen my clashfinder have you?