What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

5 hours ago, Jay Pee said:

understood now.  I manage to camp by the woods in Toms Field in the lee of the rising sun and did not really think about the heat aspects.  Apologies.  Plus there is no way i am still in a tent after nine so not really something i had thought about.

No worries - if you don't stay out till super late you should be able to get enough sleep before 9am, but if you stay out till 4am the extra hours really help. Its amazing the difference that it makes, i have no idea why nobody has made knockoffs of them yet!

5 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

I will probably go for it - I  haven't bought a new tent for yonks.  But I have about 10!

eBay/Gumtree/Facebook marketplace are your friend! Or donate them, plenty of people could use them in Calais, Ukraine etc

7 hours ago, gfa said:

No worries - if you don't stay out till super late you should be able to get enough sleep before 9am, but if you stay out till 4am the extra hours really help. Its amazing the difference that it makes, i have no idea why nobody has made knockoffs of them yet!

Randomly, I do stay up till 4. To be honest, I don't know how it happens but seem to manage on about 4 hours sleep a night at the festival.  And am under canvas for a week due to Monday arrival.

I think it's age (seriously). As I get older I seem to need less kip. It's weird 🙂

8 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Randomly, I do stay up till 4. To be honest, I don't know how it happens but seem to manage on about 4 hours sleep a night at the festival.  And am under canvas for a week due to Monday arrival.

I think it's age (seriously). As I get older I seem to need less kip. It's weird 🙂

I'm the same (I'm only 37 though ha), ever since having kids i don't need much more than 5 hours to function normally 

I would understand if I wasn't active but I am. Not crazy so but 20thou steps a day average with a few runs / cycles a week.

I'm 52 and think I've finally nailed lifes equilibrium. Following years of kicking the arse out of it on all manner of enhancements. I was 19 in Manchester in 88 so things got messy.

2019 fest was my first working so did some soul searching pre trip and didn't take any weed ( my only occasional dabble now) and just went for the steady all day / night beer buzz and can remember all the sets I wanted to see and was still up till near daybreak most days. The only struggle was Sunday when I misjudged and ended up with zero sleep. Not ideal.

Covered 150 miles in a week. The same strategy this year. It's the narcs comedown which sends me off focus.

While I wasn't in the market for the new tent the black and fresh chat has convinced me - just need to choose one.

I am however very much in the market for a new sleeping bag having had the same one for ..... too long ..... (17 years?!).

Does anyone have any view as to what the best ones to go for are? (buying a duvet is easier!)

21 minutes ago, mjfiddy said:

Treated self to a new fresh and black 3 man from decathlon... (decided being 2 years older since last fest might mean I'm in need of an extra hour kip)

Now for it to be ☀️ all weekend 🤞

At this rate the campsites are going to look like a more random version of Worthy View with row upon row of identical Fresh and Blacks...

• Like 1

ive undertaken some extremely basic research into those skinny inflatable bedroll things, instead of the inflatable mattress - i need to go into a shop and actually mess around with them though, dont want to order online, i want to lay on it and compare 

16 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

While I wasn't in the market for the new tent the black and fresh chat has convinced me - just need to choose one.

I am however very much in the market for a new sleeping bag having had the same one for ..... too long ..... (17 years?!).

Does anyone have any view as to what the best ones to go for are? (buying a duvet is easier!)

Get a down bag if you want something to really keep you snug when needed.

I went for one from here Hyke & Byke Down Sleeping Bags & Backpacking Tents Direct to Consumer (hykeandbyke.com) as they are reasonably priced.  Only Downside (no pun intended) is whether they have shot up in price on the shipping and faffing?

p.S there are UK Stockists

Edited by Jay Pee

20 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

I’m a fan of sleeping pods … you get some wriggle room … although they don’t pack up so small 

1 hour ago, BluePaul said:

At this rate the campsites are going to look like a more random version of Worthy View with row upon row of identical Fresh and Blacks...

This is a genuine concern for me, either not being able to find my tent or other people wandering into mine by mistake.

I guess the solution would be items of 'flair' to clip on to the tent, to distinguish yours from the multitude of others.

3 hours ago, FrankieX said:

This is a genuine concern for me, either not being able to find my tent or other people wandering into mine by mistake.

I guess the solution would be items of 'flair' to clip on to the tent, to distinguish yours from the multitude of others.

Don't let this forum skew your view. The vast majority will be in their family tent they don't know how to put up or in a pop up from poundland they have no intention of packing up again.

....is my cynicism showing? 😅