All Points East Festival 2022

Hutchmaster

12 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

There was no cancelation for the strikes on the days at BST. Admittedly buses were running.

I had tickets for NIN at Brixton one of those nights and tried to get across the city but failed. 

I thought it would go ahead until the bus strikes were announced, yeah. I don't think BST was hit so severely & it's also much more centrally located.

A bunch of my lot are coming for the Gorillaz day via St. Pancras and the number 30 bus which goes pretty much all the way to Victoria is still running so that should help out a few people. Anyone traveling via Kings Cross will have to leave pretty swiftly to make it back there before the rail strike from midnight however, it's quite a long journey.

11 minutes ago, nowyouregideon said:

A bunch of my lot are coming for the Gorillaz day via St. Pancras and the number 30 bus which goes pretty much all the way to Victoria is still running so that should help out a few people. Anyone traveling via Kings Cross will have to leave pretty swiftly to make it back there before the rail strike from midnight however, it's quite a long journey.

I actually want to see Self Esteem and Idles more than Gorrilaz so will watch a bit of them and then head back off to St Pancras (free ticket permitting)

At this point, we’re in the lap of the gods I think for Gorillaz day. Whether the local authority even let APE go ahead is questionable, we just need the unions to come to an agreement with TFL so at least the tubes can run then we’ll be fine.

that admittedly is looking unlikely, so we shall see. I get why they’d want to go ahead but if it isn’t safe, they won’t be able to.

1 hour ago, evilduck said:

Slightly different topic, I’m wondering what the fenced off VIP area is like at the front of the stage. Did anyone go last year and was there actually more than about ten people in it?

It wasn’t as big as some VIP areas I don’t think but yeah, it was always pretty empty on the Foals and Jamie XX day. 

if I can get a cheap ticket and separate upgrade I’d be well tempted but not sure they offer it. It’s close to the VIP food and loos which everyone seems to think are decent so probably is worth doing for the right price 

44 minutes ago, mynameismatt said:

It wasn’t as big as some VIP areas I don’t think but yeah, it was always pretty empty on the Foals and Jamie XX day. 

if I can get a cheap ticket and separate upgrade I’d be well tempted but not sure they offer it. It’s close to the VIP food and loos which everyone seems to think are decent so probably is worth doing for the right price 

Mentioned this way back in the thread, but last year on the Foals day they halved the price of VIP upgrades very close to the day (maybe even the day before) but the first level of upgrade only got you into the VIP bars/toilets area, not the actual golden circle.  I think the first level was £60 reduced to £30.  They were a separate add-on so even if you got a bargain on the normal entry it wouldn't stop you being able to upgrade (as far as I know anyway).

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

I guess a wildcard would be to move the Gorillaz day to the Sunday. 

What about the bands playing who have other tour dates, you could end up losing half the undercard, in particular Turnstile who I have paid to see along with Idles and Self Esteem. 

Plus many people like myself who have booked a train and hotel for Friday and Saturday (I'm happy to walk / get a bus on the Friday) so could not make the festival if they moved it, do i get my money back for the ticket, travel and hotel?!

25 minutes ago, xxialac said:

They’re not moving the day, wouldn't work with either the bands or the existing customers.

They’ll just take a bit of a financial hit and anyone there will enjoy the extra space.

Beauty of being able to drive is that for me and this partner if we manage to get free/cheap tickets this'll be a nice, apparently chill day out 

1 hour ago, she bangs the drums said:

What about the bands playing who have other tour dates, you could end up losing half the undercard, in particular Turnstile who I have paid to see along with Idles and Self Esteem. 

Plus many people like myself who have booked a train and hotel for Friday and Saturday (I'm happy to walk / get a bus on the Friday) so could not make the festival if they moved it, do i get my money back for the ticket, travel and hotel?!

I totally agree it’s as unlikely to move as it is to cancel. 

1 hour ago, she bangs the drums said:

i'm only going for turnstile and pusha t, thinking it's not worth bothering from manchester now

37 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Embarrassing that booze is the only way you can have a good time, I feel sorry for you.

Come on, that's a dumb take too. 

They didn't say that.  

But for a lot of people, they'll enjoy gigs more after a couple of drinks.   That doesn't equate to 'booze is the only way you can have a good time'. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, stuie said:

Come on, that's a dumb take too. 

They didn't say that.  

But for a lot of people, they'll enjoy gigs more after a couple of drinks.   That doesn't equate to 'booze is the only way you can have a good time'. 

Yes they did in the post they implied. They also said sober gigs 'suck'. I find it embarrassing when people act as if alcohol is the only way to have a good time at a gig and that anyone going sober is having a bad time. Sounds like their problem if you ask me.

8 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Yes they did in the post they implied. They also said sober gigs 'suck'. I find it embarrassing when people act as if alcohol is the only way to have a good time at a gig and that anyone going sober is having a bad time. Sounds like their problem if you ask me.

Some people like to have drinks at a gig.  

That's their choice.  I missed the bit where sober people must be having a bad time?! 

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

Some people like to have drinks at a gig.  

That's their choice.  I missed the bit where sober people must be having a bad time?! 

And some people like to not have drinks, and don't like to be berated by responses that imply not having a drink is a bad/worse experience. 

1 minute ago, scatteredscreens said:

And some people like to not have drinks, and don't like to be berated by responses that imply not having a drink is a bad/worse experience. 

A bad/worse experience for the original poster. 

It's subjective. 

Let's agree to disagree.