2023 Festival

TheWaters

51 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Look at all them mobile phones 😂 I’m so glad that’s not caught on in the rock/punk community (yet). 

I mean, it's getting that way. Although saying that a healthy amount of people at both Muse and Pulp in my last 2 big gigs were still up for the party rather than trying to have full-length recordings for YouTube.

Edited by charlierc

11 hours ago, Chad888 said:

I remember when I said to my wife that Killers are playing, we should go. She asked why not just their own show? 

My answer was all about "camping, great people blah blah" 

I realised i was willing to pay £600 for 3 nights no showers and sitting on a toilet bowl of sh*t, for the fun of camping. I could pay £40 in Porthcurno and have a beautiful sunset and ocean view.

If it is just to see The Killers they're also playing Edinburgh and Belfast. Though probably also be an expensive one to go to either during the school holidays. 

And I say this as someone who wanted to go to Pukkelpop in Belgium to see a triple header of them, Florence and Foals. Bloody logistical conflicts.

Edited by charlierc

Bold bold choice to book a headliner to play an album in full, especially when they’re not universally popular and only played last year. Probably what they had planned for this year all along though before The 1975 were drafted in last year, just shows FR have sunk so far that they’ll book anyone if it gets them out of a hole.

At least Sleep Token are on the FR Stage.

7 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

Has to be a windup. But if by some chance it's not, then in the word of Mbappe, "I will be there no matter what" 

Just heard it announced on the radio. Granted, they were just echoing what Matty had said, but seems like it’s more than likely not a joke if places are picking it up.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Just heard it announced on the radio. Granted, they were just echoing what Matty had said, but seems like it’s more than likely not a joke if places are picking it up.

Yeah, does seem to be picking up a lot of steam now. Edging towards buying Sunday day tickets now just in case there's a rush from 1975 fans if it's confirmed this week. 

On 2/23/2023 at 9:35 AM, D666N said:

I mean I know what I want, literally get rid of any headliner and replace with the 1975 but that won't happen. Can't see many more big names dropping to be fair. Unfortunately this is the direction R&L are heading and i'm not here for it. 

Well then.

On 2/28/2023 at 7:12 PM, JSmurphy said:

I thought the lineup looked familiar..

Sam Fender, Mimi Webb, Tion Wayne, Yard Act, Sea Girls, Hedex, Noisy, Yonaka, Meekz, DJ Target, Central Cee, Nothing But Thieves, Inhaler, Holly Humberstone, Baby Queen, Slowthai, Easy Life, MK, Kennyhoopla, Kenny Allstar, Declan McKenna, Bakar, Becky Hill, Don Broco, The Snuts, Hot Milk, Shy FX, Harriet Jaxxson...

All of these acts played R&L in 2021. Two years ago. 25% of all acts announced thus far, excluding the headliners, played the festival two. years. ago.

It gets worse too - 16 of those listed acts are booked on the Main Stages. 48% of all of this year's Main Stage acts, excluding headliners, appeared two years ago. 

For reference, 15% repeat booking rate between 2010 & 2012.

I can forgive the smaller acts getting a bump up the bill but how do you book a lineup this unimaginative!? 

Why reduce the amount of stages on offer and then re-book a signficant portion of a lineup, further limiting the options on offer for regulars? 

It's bad. 

LMAO add another to the list ffs