2023 Festival

TheWaters

2 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

Great guessing from me over the years if I’ve been lying then! 

I do believe you have a contact in KSI's crew. I also think he's told you a gigantic porky and KSI was never booked in the first place, he was just in talks and it's the hype man's job to hype him. 

15 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

To be fair 3 of the headliners from them were right, especially as I think most here had ruled out Sam Fender at the time.

God knows what happened with KSI, and Green Day are rumoured to have pulled out - so not bad overall, thank you very much!

Thank you for your info mate. It’s helped me get hyped for my favourite Reading lineup in ages. Top man!

• Upvote 1

If you could craft your own day ticket using only the bands on this lineup, what would it look like? No cheating, use acts' original positions

Sam or Billie / Foals / Loyle Carner / Bicep / Nothing But Thieves / Don't care

I'd have bought a day for that I think. Saw The Killers this year so one of the others, just to see them.

Edited by BenG92

44 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

I can say for a fact Steve Lacy was meant to be Rex Orange County.

Unsure where Yungblud went as he was definitely subbing. Aitch too. Don Broco I'd heard were playing 3rd down with Idles aswell.

I THINK Paramore were swapped last minute with Imagine Dragons.

I guess prior to announcement it is all chopping and changing. The announcement is the "lock it in" moment.

All in all, my mate gave me 80% correct info so I'm happy with that. 

However, in the top 18 you have:

4 x One man and his guitar (Fender, Lacy, Capaldi, Mckenna)

2 x American Stadium Rock (Killers, Dragons)

3 x Autotune 'lil' rap acts (Tjay, Trippie, Chase)

1 x Grime (Cee)

3 x Radio friendly pop (Billie, Becky, WL)

1 x Dance (Bicep)

---------4 x what the festival should be about

1 x British folk (Foals)

1 x British rock (NBT)

1 x British punk (Slowthai)

1 x BritishRap (Loyle Carner)

Bet you would have included American Stadium Rock act, Green Day, in the bottom section though...

Is Central Cee grime? feel like hes more tiktok autotune pop 16 year old girl crap

Also isn't Grime the most british rap there is 

Edited by gfa

On 10/25/2022 at 11:15 PM, stanh said:

Central Cee is way bigger than the likes of Pale Waves, Bad Boy Chiller Crew/Digga D, Circa Waves, Joy Crookes etc. We're just gonna go in circles discussing where he'd be placed on the lineup, however, I'm very very confident he'd be a 2nd/3rd down act on a main stage, or a special guest - his main core audience are the majority of people who head to R&L too. I said the same about DBE being a sub, and look what happened this year! If we still had the R1 Stage, he'd very comfortably headline that. At the point he is in his career, he is only going to get bigger and bigger, and is very calculated and good at marketing himself which only helps his trajectory rise, especially by the time next August rolls around. 

Just coming back to this😉 

1 minute ago, stanh said:

Just coming back to this😉 

Anyone doubting Central Cee could sub was always deluding themselves, I had him pegged as MSW headliner back in January and I couldn't tell you one of his songs. All it took was a quick glance at the charts at the time, he was like a rash. 

Just now, BenG92 said:

Anyone doubting Central Cee could sub was always deluding themselves, I had him pegged as MSW headliner back in January and I couldn't tell you one of his songs. All it took was a quick glance at the charts at the time, he was like a rash. 

100%, I was expecting nothing less. Main shock on the lineup for me is Bicep as a sub, and most likely performing in the daylight, couldn't have put money on that!