2023 Festival

TheWaters

2 minutes ago, R-K1D said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Biffy Clyro? Haven’t seen them on any predictions but they’re probably due a headline slot (I know they did 2021 MSW but that was a sub)

They headlined MSW when they filled in for QOTSA. Won't be back for a good few years, if ever honestly.

5 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Foals are genuinely, absolutely, unimaginably big in the US.

But they have a wierd obsession with bland UScentric stadium rock.

Tbf, Brits have always had an obsession with northern jack the lads with punchy anthems or slow moping around (kaiser chiefs, Arctic Monkeys, fratellis, oasis, enemy, fratellis, libertines).

I went to a sushi restaurant the other day and they just had Imagine Dragons on in the background for the entire hour. Funnily, I thought to myself "wtf this is Imagine Dragons. Christ, Imagine if they were playing Reading. Thank god that's not happening anytime"

I live in the US and no one has heard of Foals!

To be fair they play reasonably large venues, a step up from Biffy, Wolf Alice etc, they’re not big though

Theyre actually playing near me soon. This is who else is playing the same venue, hardly “BIG” names

https://roadrunnerboston.com/calendar/

14 minutes ago, gfa said:

They headlined MSW when they filled in for QOTSA. Won't be back for a good few years, if ever honestly.

I'm not 100% sure on what to expect for Biffy tbf. Done all the touring commitments for what fluidly turned into two albums given one was recorded & released as a lockdown project, been round the US and Europe and did a big UK tour including Download.

Could either be back for a thing next summer or already focusing on another album.

21 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

I went to a sushi restaurant the other day and they just had Imagine Dragons on in the background for the entire hour. Funnily, I thought to myself "wtf this is Imagine Dragons. Christ, Imagine if they were playing Reading. Thank god that's not happening anytime"

So if Imagine Dragons do turn up as a headliner, you'd decide to use that point to break for dinner?

31 minutes ago, nathanh said:

i'm just thinking Melvin said that three had headlined before but out of the current rumoured six I can only remember The Killers and Foals headlining. Whilst I know that Melvin isn't the most reliable source put this through our rumoured six into uncertainty?

Maybe at the time Green Day were booked and they were the 3? 

3 minutes ago, foolee said:

Maybe at the time Green Day were booked and they were the 3? 

That could be the case. I wish you always saw The Killers as the replacement for Green Day it's like the legend slot as their name only came about rumour that green day dropped out- however you could very much be right. 

37 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Funnily enough, this was the year they were meant to have 2 stages but couldn't work out the logistics.

Foals / RHCP / Biffy Clyro

Disclosure / Imagine Dragons / Fallout Boy

I thought the Biffy / FOB cohead came about because Radiohead dropped out? Or is that just an urban myth haha. Radiohead drop out -> bump FOB to headline -> realise that’s weak and get Biffy on board.

39 minutes ago, R-K1D said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Biffy Clyro? Haven’t seen them on any predictions but they’re probably due a headline slot (I know they did 2021 MSW but that was a sub)

Can’t see them back until the next album. I think they’ll probably take a year or two off to wind down / record and be back with singles 2024 with a new album 2025.

43 minutes ago, Benj said:

I live in the US and no one has heard of Foals!

To be fair they play reasonably large venues, a step up from Biffy, Wolf Alice etc, they’re not big though

Theyre actually playing near me soon. This is who else is playing the same venue, hardly “BIG” names

https://roadrunnerboston.com/calendar/

How embarrassing, I meant Imagine Dragons!

8 minutes ago, Hughdogs said:

Haway somebody drop the lineup. Could we get be getting guetta with billie from that festival week before ? Any mentions ? ive told my new girlfriend i alwaysget lineup from this forum before its announced. Yahs making me look like a right mug

Think Billie is pretty nailed on

doubt they'd book guetta but not impossible

28 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

absolutely 0 hype in here. sad state of affairs 

Been going to R&L for years now and seeing the demise in the festival (not musically but campsites/clientele) has really put me off this year (hate to be a debbie downer and slate how people act but it just isn't for me anymore when I compare to other festivals I have been to), would've had to have been a banger lineup to persuade me to go and all these rumours just aren't making me excited in the slightest 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iistroudley said:

Been going to R&L for years now and seeing the demise in the festival (not musically but campsites/clientele) has really put me off this year (hate to be a debbie downer and slate how people act but it just isn't for me anymore when I compare to other festivals I have been to), would've had to have been a banger lineup to persuade me to go and all these rumours just aren't making me excited in the slightest 

Completely agree, I like Billie Eilish and The Killers but I’m not buzzing for them. Spent a lot of time at the bar this year and stayed in camp till later in the afternoon. Weren’t too many divs near us though for a change which was great