2023 Festival

TheWaters

3 minutes ago, enquirer said:

i’m confused… who’s dan wilcox and why do people keep mentioning him 

Previous years he has come in and given us names and line ups before the official announcement. 

He can sometimes troll but he is quite a reliable source. 

Just fun when he throws us names and hints. Gets people hyped for the announcement 🙂

5 minutes ago, enquirer said:

i’m confused… who’s dan wilcox and why do people keep mentioning him 

Previous years he has come in and given us names and line ups before the official announcement. 

He can sometimes troll but he is quite a reliable source. 

Just fun when he throws us names and hints. Gets people hyped for the announcement 🙂

edit - in 2014 he leaked the entire poster line up before it was announced and it was right.

7 hours ago, wro_lap said:

Just saying, the dude claiming to know about a US rapper on the lineup was chatting shite on the Boardmasters page the other day which was very quickly disproven by the lineup drop

Spotted that earlier too- We will know if he knows anything by the end of today if the announcement announcement comes. Until then I'm not listening to them. 

14 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Gonna be something like ArrDee getting a massive push up the lineup, isn’t it. 

Central Cee maybe

14 hours ago, VCK said:

Can guarantee there will be an uninspiring Indie band booking to fill in a high slot that they couldn't get anyone more currently relevant to fill. Courteeners, Blossoms, The Vaccines, The Wombats, The Kooks, Two Door Cinema Club, Bastille, take your pick.

All of these go down well everytime they are booked to be honest. Vaccines are quite overdue a return

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Central Cee maybe.

Central Cee stock is massively dropping, he's gone from being teenage girls crush to being "number 1 ick" as they put it. I don't know what it is but females everywhere are sharing some clip of him mouthing to Train - Let Her Go, disgusted by him...

We all know teenage boys will just listen to what they think teen girls are going to be watching.

Can't see he will have the turnout we think he's going to have based on his last year. 

38 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Central Cee stock is massively dropping, he's gone from being teenage girls crush to being "number 1 ick" as they put it. I don't know what it is but females everywhere are sharing some clip of him mouthing to Train - Let Her Go, disgusted by him...

We all know teenage boys will just listen to what they think teen girls are going to be watching.

Can't see he will have the turnout we think he's going to have based on his last year. 

He may already have been booked before this started happening (not too sure it actually is happening). He's just done ally pally and the main room of warehouse project

18 minutes ago, gfa said:

He may already have been booked before this started happening (not too sure it actually is happening). He's just done ally pally and the main room of warehouse project

I'm not saying he won't be booked, he was about 3 months ago. His stage will be pretty quiet given the spot he's expected to take.

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

He wasn't mouthing the words, he released a preview of a new song which sampled Let Her Go (which is by Passenger btw) which got mixed reviews. He's since deleted the post and said it won't be dropping. 

He's most definitely still one of the most popular urban artists around atm 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Upsetting people on Twitter and TikTok is like shooting fish in a barrel though. You will never see a bigger hive of miserable fuckers who are never happy unless they're complaining about someone doing something.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, VCK said:

They do, but they're just so uninspiring IMO.

That new album is cracking imo - saw them at Latitude in 2021 when they did a secret set.

Feel like theres some acts that play every year that I find so uninspiring but a lot of people here love and then the landfill indie ones just get flack.

5 hours ago, Chad888 said:

I am absolutely convinced that you are in your fifties. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jj200 said:

Mse 

Friday: Billie elish

Saturday: Kendrick Lamar

Sunday: queen's of the stone age

MSW 

Friday: foals 

Saturday: Sam fender

Sunday: pulp

Will never happen but a day with Pulp and QOTSA headlining the two main stages will make me go back for a day without hesitation.

On 11/29/2022 at 7:56 PM, andyrhodes24 said:

Some of those would be ace tbf, TDCC were excellent last year I thought. Charli xcx, Polo G, Wolf Alice / Bastille, Glass Animals, D Block Europe was a poor mix this year.

I don't think it'll be Two Door as they're doing Live at Leeds: In The Park in May. Or at least it would be a surprise if they do both.