BST 2022

Matt42

4 hours ago, snoochie1981 said:

Have there been any clues on who might replace Idles on the 9th? Based on current tour dates (and lack of summer dates in London), I’m thinking The War on Drugs and Modest Mouse might be possibilities. Any others?

I certainly hope so! They seem to be at some events where PJ are playing. And they're currently free... 

I think Jerry Cantrell will be on the lineup. Performing a few days before at Lolla Stockholm, same day as Pearl Jam.

Tbh, it's a gig that sold out a long time ago so I can't imagine any replacements being as big as someone like TWOD.

Frank Carter maybe? Frank Turner?  Modest Mouse are a good shout.

Edited by dentalplan

3 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

But as far as we know, the Stones aren't playing so....

Stone Gossard

33 minutes ago, snoochie1981 said:

Are the PJ dates definitely sold out? AXS still appear to have tickets available.

Ah, you're right. My bad. I may have been mixed up with the initial sale in 2019... or just totally wrong.

4 hours ago, elliot6 said:

It's probably just a mistake but Festaff seem to think that Rolling Stones are the final BST artist. The headline says Elton John but then it says Rolling Stones on 25 June and links to a page on the BST website which isn't live yet. 

https://www.festaff.co.uk/festival-info/bst-elton-john-

I’d be surprised if Festaff didn’t know this already and someone has just accidentally put it out. 

13 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

I’d be surprised if Festaff didn’t know this already and someone has just accidentally put it out. 

Absolutely - the company's boss is ITK at the best of times, let alone when an announcement is imminent.  The delayed announcement also fits with the info on Glasto forums that insurers won't let the Stones announce tours far in advance due to their age.

On 1/6/2022 at 11:53 AM, Matt42 said:

Holy shit

Its the Rolling Stones isn’t it?

I checked IORR and it says that they are expected to announce a tour in the next few weeks. They wouldn’t need help selling tickets at all.

Plus the Stones said they were playing festivals this year.

^^^

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Absolutely - the company's boss is ITK at the best of times, let alone when an announcement is imminent.  The delayed announcement also fits with the info on Glasto forums that insurers won't let the Stones announce tours far in advance due to their age.

Cue everyone trying to find out if they inadvertently confirmed Kendrick for the last free day…