BST 2022

Matt42

19 hours ago, incident said:

While you can never rule out things changing if the right deal can be found - in about the last 15 years, the only UK shows he's done that weren't promoted by Live Nation or one of its affiliates were IOW Festival, and before that Glastonbury. Doing an AEG show would be a fairly big surprise. U2 are likely to never play BST for the same reason.

AEG and Live Nation have actually agreed a working relationship for BST which is why you can now buy tickets via Ticketmaster (which you couldn't prior to 2019) and this gives them access to some LN artists is my understanding

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jr1312 said:

AEG and Live Nation have actually agreed a working relationship for BST which is why you can now buy tickets via Ticketmaster (which you couldn't prior to 2019) and this gives them access to some LN artists is my understanding

Fair enough.. I'd still be very surprised if it happened, but in that case it might not be quite as far off the table as I had thought.

Has anyone worked out what dates BST will run this year?

With Pearl Jam & Duran on the weekend of 8th, 9th & 10th July and Elton on 24th June it suugests that it will be over 3 weekends. It's a bit accademic as already it clashes with Madcool for me and other gigs such as GNR, KOL & RHCP.

It could be the first time in a few years, I have not made a BST show. Just trying to see if there are any days I could possably make if the dates/artists works for me. I am sure before they have had shows during week days just not sure if this year it might just be 3 weekends. Does any one know if there is a maximum number of shows allowed in the park each year?

27 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

I think they will be holding it for a third Adele show before they book someone else. See how tickets sell and then decide. 

Unless they’re already booked in but not announced but yeah I could easily see a 3rd Adele date being booked in. 

1 hour ago, The Crimson King said:

I think they will be holding it for a third Adele show before they book someone else. See how tickets sell and then decide. 

They won't need to wait for ticket sales to decide -  this is as close to a guaranteed instant sellout as you can get as it's not exaggerating to say that she could easily fill Hyde Park 6+ times over if she wants to. The plans for any potential extra dates (or not) will already be set in stone by this point.

Hyde Park does have a limit on the number of concert dates they're allowed under their licence - specifically 7 at full capacity (64,999), 2 at medium capacity (49,999 - these being nominally reserved for R2 and Proms in the Park), and 5 more at low capacity (19,999). As BST has now announced 6 shows of which all are presumably at full capacity, they've only got space for one more date to be added - if Suprefan is correct about a second Elton show, then that pretty much rules out a 3rd night for Adele, or anyone else being booked.

23 minutes ago, incident said:

They won't need to wait for ticket sales to decide -  this is as close to a guaranteed instant sellout as you can get as it's not exaggerating to say that she could easily fill Hyde Park 6+ times over if she wants to. The plans for any potential extra dates (or not) will already be set in stone by this point.

Hyde Park does have a limit on the number of concert dates they're allowed under their licence - specifically 7 at full capacity (64,999), 2 at medium capacity (49,999 - these being nominally reserved for R2 and Proms in the Park), and 5 more at low capacity (19,999). As BST has now announced 6 shows of which all are presumably at full capacity, they've only got space for one more date to be added - if Suprefan is correct about a second Elton show, then that pretty much rules out a 3rd night for Adele, or anyone else being booked.

Unless they’ve been allowed more shows as a result of the cancelled years.

Just now, John L said:

Unless they’ve been allowed more shows as a result of the cancelled years.

While it's certainly possible that Westminster Council would be inclined to agree to that as a one off, they'd still put it through the usual licence process which to date hasn't happened.

45 minutes ago, incident said:

BST always varies it’s capacities each year. between the 49k and 65k shows.

This year it’s 9 shows. For sure.

• Like 1

It seems odd to have it over 3 weekends if they are only going to have 7 gigs. We know they have already booked 6 and 2 of them are on Fridays. So, as it stands they have 2 free Sundays & 1 Saturday. So my assumption is that they likely to have at least 9 shows (Fri, Say & Sun x3) otherwise its odd to have Fridays and not make use of the actual weekends.

8 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

BST always varies it’s capacities each year. between the 49k and 65k shows.

This year it’s 9 shows. For sure.

They can do what they want, but they do have to fit in with the basics of the licence - which currently looks like this:

image.png.62fdb4576ef0ce02beeca04ed3b8a0f5.png

15 minutes ago, atomised said:

I wonder if they are being a little more flexible after losing last year. Also I'd be interested to know how winter wonderland works within these guidelines as that has a high capacity for a long stretch of the year 

Winter Wonderland will be under a different licence to the concerts, and presumably has its own restrictions regarding dates, number of attendees, etc etc. The licence will be online somewhere - just about everything is, either in full or at least a summary version.

I thought there was a separate royal parks rule that dictated a set number of events per year by royal decree or similar. I assume to make the royal parks open access for all for the remainder of the year. I may be thinking of something from many years ago when the Prince's trust gigs were held there 

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Fair enough. Wrong to doubt you.

Its ok to doubt, more about building trust.  They pushed back the announce, can’t control that.

And yeah, a third Adele show would easily have been announced but she would never  do 3 in a row as it is. Also, no indication of a hold for that.