The Intangilbles

One Tonne Baby

The first time you see something crazy  like Arcadia or the Mutoid waste vehicles & are just like wow wtf.

Feeling in touch with nature by having a peaceful morning shit in the toilets in the forrest area near John Peel whilst the birds chirp around you

The joy of randomly encountering some of the roaming street performers as you walk between acts

When you discover an act on sir brave robins playlist or worthy FM & someone you'd never heard of suddenly becomes the thing in the world your most looking forward too.

When above act lives up to expectations

When you want to see a small act on a tiny stage & the person you ask for directions gets all excited as she's the singers girlfriend 

Hearing some good music coming from a tent & just wandering into see what's happening & it ending up being a highlight of your weekend (Ainsley Lister was a great example of this)

Listing to worthy FM in the car park then religiously reading festivals on the car journey back as you can't quite let go that it's all over

Voice being gravely and way too deep - last night must have been good

The clang

Lying down flat out on Weds/Thurs, in a field, knowing that all life's poops have floated away, all is good.

La Grande Bouffe - when, is Weds too early, should we have two, no hold out.

Walking down from the Park absolutely hammered and being attacked by those bloody flowers that keep moving and are well hard.

2 hours ago, oneeye said:

Waking up to the chatter of tent neighbours pouring over the night before debriefs and plans for the day.

Or in one case waking up to the sound of your tent neighbour trying to order flowers for his mum's birthday while still off his tits from last night's acid.

Catching a glimpse of that first yellow AA sign on the side of the road letting you know (although you already do know but it's still great to see) that something very special is just up the road.

And making it into Worthy FM's footprint at long last having constantly checked 87.7FM for the past 20 miles or so.

46 minutes ago, Quark said:

Or in one case waking up to the sound of your tent neighbour trying to order flowers for his mum's birthday while still off his tits from last night's acid.

😄😄

Walking up the hill at the park and making yourself not turn around until you get to the sign and you can look around and see the whole site on Wednesday morning and knowing that life will be good for at least the next few days. 

Hearing excited newbies taking the whole thing in for the first time and remembering how I felt my first time. 

the sheer good naturedness of everyone you meet and the longing that you could bottle just a tiny bit of it for the outside world. 

The fact that people rarely ask you what you do for a living and are more interested in where you've come from and what you want to see. 

The fact that 100 people you know could go to Glastonbury and all have a totally different Glastonbury and all have a fabulous time. 

Edited by gigpusher
  • Like 1

The feeling of being amongst tens of thousands of people who are all there to have the best time which combined makes the place you're in the happiest place on earth for those magical 5 days.

There really isn't another place like it. 

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I plan my days in meticulous detail during the build up, I even plan against people predictions in the stages thread…

All goes out the window as soon as I’m there.

I have plans for if it's hot, if it's raining, if I'm tired etc but sometimes you can't plan for really wanting a paneer tikka wrap and being willing to forego anything in order to get it. 

Forgetting that even with the advantage of staff parking it still is a bit of a trek to the gate- I always seem to forget about 1 particular section of the walk and think Gate B is just around a corner

Meeting up with folk you only ever see at Glastonbury and chatting to randoms too

Discovering new food (sometimes good, sometimes bad) and revisiting old favourites and sending photos of said food back to the family- not sure if that is to show what how great the food is, make them jealous or let them know I'm eating properly!

And as Rabbie Burns said " The best laid schemes o’ Mice an’ Men Gang aft agley"

Right here goes......

- Driving past Frome and everyone in the car shouting "When in Frome!"

- Seeing Stone Henge and realising you're getting close

- Getting the wrist band on (always the left hand)

- Getting your stash past security even though you've been searched (not this year chaps!!)

- That first beer as you set the tent up

- The second beer after the tent is set up, you can sit down, relax and think "We are finally here"

- The buzz and atmosphere building with every new arrival

- Taking a stroll around the site and seeing those familiar landmarks and the brand new weird and whacky constructions

- The burst of flames at Arcadia

- The first Strawberry Brothers in a packed out West Holts

- Hearing the notes of the first acts on Thursday 

- The stunning production in the South east corner, still blows my mind every time

- The random chats, smiles and interactions with so many like minded ravers

- The clanging of toilet doors and metal walk ways 

- Taking a moment to chill in the Permaculture Gardens

- The roar of The Pyramid stage

- The beauty of The Park and the views that come with it 

- The misty, smoky haze around The Stone Circle at 5am

- The people 

I could go on and on.......

• Like 1