The Intangilbles

One Tonne Baby

• That incandescent buzz all weekend
  • That wave of emotion as those gates open
  • What hand!? What wrist!? it seems so important for how the festival goes.
  • The uniqueness of the those specific people in that specific place at the specific time
  • The groggy early morning tent chats
  • The unzipped tench stretch
  • CLANG...CLAG....CLANG
  • zig-zagged old railway walks
  • Taking in the vast expanse of ants below the glasto sign
  • The song extending after the set, into the night
  • Why can you always hear horns when you have a lay down in the grass?
  • 'Maybe vegan is the way, cos this curry bangs'
  • That funny little in-joke no one can predict, that colours everything that weekend
  • i love you's
  • Upvote 3

The diversity of people and accents as you queue, realising we've all come together for the magic behind the fence

That point you have no specific plans and just go wondering aimlessly into whatever will happen

When you notice everyone around you in the crowd is just going for it and nobody cares

Love this thread. Genuinely makes me feel a bit emotional.

Lying down for the night and hearing the faint sounds of people partying from all different directions.

Trying to work out what a song is when back at your tent from a DJ off in the distance. 

Waking up and listening to your neighbours chatting.

Hearing the rain on the tent and trying to decide if it sounds heavy or like just a light sprinkling.

That morning coffee sat in my chair outside the tent, watching the world wake up, looking through the programme.

The way the breeze drifts up the Pyramid field at sunset as the day finally starts to cool.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl
  • Upvote 1

the long walk back to your tent in the early hours

seeing the path lights swaying in the darkness

spending a lazy saturday afternoon watching bramble fm

that first pear cider at Brothers Bar on Wednesday

that moment when you and your friends have finally pitched tents and done the final run back to the car for provisions and you have 5 days of indescribable pleasure ahead

then those "we've had the time of our lives" hugs as you say goodbye monday morning

The moment in a crowd when you're dancing / bouncing / singing away, and you catch eyes with a complete stranger dong exactly the same thing, and for that split second you're singing at each other like the best mates in the world, before the dance carries you on elsewhere.

• Like 2

The relieved feeling of 'I knew I parked it there'when finally tracking down where you parked your car 5 days previous

Drinking Thatchers  at 9am and no one judging you

Queuing in the morning for that token bird bath, teeth brushing and poo, knowing you've got another great day ahead

The roar across the site when the sun breaks through 

Edited by oneeye