Download 2023

5 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

according to the official forum

Metallica x2 with BMTH and Slipknot as main headliners

Pantera, Architects, Parkway Drive +1 subs

Placebo, Ghost, Evanescence +1 2nd headliners

Ghost clashing with BMTH/Architects is a piss take.

5 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

Get Pendulum as the other 2nd headliner and I don’t think I’d be at the main stage all weekend

7 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

Source link?

9 minutes ago, Dixi said:

Source link?

The official forums. It's pages and pages of the stuff.

For what it's worth the guy spreading these recent "leaks" has nothing to prove his credibility, not saying he's lying, but no track record anyone knows of - would love him to be right with that undercard

https://forums.downloadfestival.co.uk/topic/14237-download-2023-rumours-speculation/page/374/

18 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Me too. It’s what is leading me to think that the second stage is going to be bigger.

Would technically mean that the three subs (Architects, Pantera, Parkway Drive) would be playing ‘third’ though which just isn’t gonna happen, so if Ghost are on second I think it’s more just a case of them being willing to accept a lower slot.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Would technically mean that the three subs (Architects, Pantera, Parkway Drive) would be playing ‘third’ though which just isn’t gonna happen, so if Ghost are on second I think it’s more just a case of them being willing to accept a lower slot.

Yeah. I reckon they’ve been given that slot on the promise that they’ll headline main come 2025. Assuming it’s correct, of course.

Having Ghost headline 2nd on the same day as BMTH is the kinda of stupid booking Download would do though why is everyone assuming they'll clash? None of the 2nd stage headliners clashed with the main stage headliners this year so why would it be any different?

With that being said I don't even like Ghost but it'd much better it if they were headlining main stage one of the days instead of Metallica doing it twice.

Edited by justanothername

10 minutes ago, xydroh said:

is there something? even a single shred of evidence or corroboration that this leaker could be speaking the truth?

Which one? The original Metallica x2, BMTH and Architects, yes. Evanescence, Ghost, Placebo, no. 

Slipknot have been self-confirmed by Corey.

6 minutes ago, xydroh said:

slipknot doesn't take rocket science to figure out. I'm more talking about the 2X metallica mainly since they haven't announced anything nearby. or correct leaks in the past?

Yeah, he leaked the DL Pilot lineup early and also some tours too, including the upcoming Biffy x Architects one. 

BMTH headlining was confirmed to me by a members of While She Sleeps I had a chat with at a show. 

DL’s announcement is also the day after Metallica play their last announced dates of 2022 in the US. They’re wanting to announce all of their euro dates at once, I expect. 

6 minutes ago, xydroh said:

slipknot doesn't take rocket science to figure out. I'm more talking about the 2X metallica mainly since they haven't announced anything nearby. or correct leaks in the past?

The guy who said 2x Metallica, BMTH subbed by Architects has a good track record, yeah. 

This was months ago though, who knows what's happened in that time. Rumours only ever rumours. 

47 minutes ago, xydroh said:

that does sound like it's likely. tickets are gonna go fast then. any idea how old this leak is?

Do you think?
I thought Download had a poor record for selling out?

With the prices as they are I don’t expect I can get a ticket until Feb.

5 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Do you think?
I thought Download had a poor record for selling out?

With the prices as they are I don’t expect I can get a ticket until Feb.

Several years / days have sold out before, namely when AC/DC and Metallica are there. 

I would expect a 20th anniversary 4-dayer with Metallica to do better than most years, even at £350 - when you look at what individual gigs are priced at now, it's becoming a no brainer to save a little more and do a festival instead.

3 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Several years / days have sold out before, namely when AC/DC and Metallica are there. 

I would expect a 20th anniversary 4-dayer with Metallica to do better than most years, even at £350 - when you look at what individual gigs are priced at now, it's becoming a no brainer to save a little more and do a festival instead.

It still won't be any issue getting tickets

Hi guys, I have never been to Download but always wanted to. Mostly because its quite a journey for me but I want to make it this time around. Especially if some of these rumours are TRUE!!

So my question is, do they do instalment plans on ticket prices like some other festivals? 

Also, what is camping like? Is it okay compared to the likes of Reading and Leeds.

Any info on this festival will be much appreciated 

26 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Hi guys, I have never been to Download but always wanted to. Mostly because its quite a journey for me but I want to make it this time around. Especially if some of these rumours are TRUE!!

So my question is, do they do instalment plans on ticket prices like some other festivals? 

Also, what is camping like? Is it okay compared to the likes of Reading and Leeds.

Any info on this festival will be much appreciated 

I believe they do instalment plans but I don’t know for sure 100%. 

Camping at Download is absolutely lovely and nothing like R&L. Good vibes everywhere in the campsite and everyone is super friendly.