Download 2023

Just booked the time off work for next year, I'm inching closer to getting a ticket lol.

After seeing the price of Maiden tickets today I think this will probs be one of the last times I'm gunna see Metallica as I'm not forking out near £100 for one of their own gigs.

47 minutes ago, Moey said:

I think we can all agree that he won’t retire for good in a years time.

Comeback tour booked in for 2025

Edited by rivalschools.price

On 10/18/2022 at 9:06 AM, FeverDream said:

Saw The Amazons last night and they’d be a great booking for a tent. Perhaps not your typical Download band but absolutely a band that should be getting booked given how full and heavy they sound live and how stale the lineups have got in recent years.

I agree, there are these type of rock bands who have more indie fanbases but defo have a place at DL.

Amazons, Pale Waves, Kid Kapichi, Cleopatrick, Tigercub and on a bigger level Royal Blood

26 minutes ago, R Shah said:

I agree, there are these type of rock bands who have more indie fanbases but defo have a place at DL.

Amazons, Pale Waves, Kid Kapichi, Cleopatrick, Tigercub and on a bigger level Royal Blood

I love them but would have laughed in your face at the thought of them playing Download after the first two albums but this third one defo has some strong pop punk vibes that I think they might not be that out of place at Download.

11 minutes ago, panda97 said:

I went to see Rina Sawayama last night and honestly Download could do a lot worse than booking her, immense show and she does have a couple of songs that lean into heavier music, honestly think she would go down a storm

She’s got that one song that borrows pretty heavily from nu-metal but I think that’s about it, and she’s pretty much abandoned that entirely for her new album which is much more by the numbers pop. Don’t think she’ll be getting booked for Download off the back of one song either way. 

As for some of the suggestions above, I agree that Download should branch out a little, but it’s not gonna be with a bunch of indie/pop bands who occasionally have riffs - there needs to be some element of metal/hard rock there .