Pilton Party 2021

Crazyfool01

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

Even if there was something planned and I couldn’t attend it would still be comforting and lovely to know that there’s music back on the farm.  

Yeah that's kind of how I feel about it. If it's Liam Gallagher or something I wouldn't want to go even if it's at the farm, but be lovely to know music is back there.

10 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Same weekend as Isle of Wight ? (16-20th ) or weekend before do you think (11/12) .... I’m wavering about buying IOW tickets but planning on being in the U.K. - it’s a juggling game 🙈

Sorry, it was a daft post based on the speculation in this thread. Not meant seriously at all 😂

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Heres something interesting . A  hotel that’s used for the usual festival week is still showing fully booked at that time , but available at other dates 😉. Just saying , probably just a coincidence 

Maybe Beeb staff and presenters?

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Not sure if I'd go for this or not to be honest, but would be nice to see something go ahead. If it's only one or two stages it would really depends on the line-up for me as it's not exactly round the corner! That's if I could get tickets, which seems unlikely...

Presumably there'll be tickets to access online streaming. Who wouldn't bung them twenty quid for live footage and some behind the scenes stuff?

51 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

So, to summarise this whole thread, nobody knows!

Some possibly know more than they are letting on of course.

I'm surprised @eFestivals hasn't offered his 2 pennies worth...

Perhaps he'll stay silent until he types those famous "stand by yer beds" words?

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That’s who normally take it

Possibly planning more coverage this year than last year? Maybe more live stuff, bands, interviews etc.  Restrictions will hopefully be removed so although we can’t go, I expect it’ll be more than just Jo Whiley sitting on hay by an Airstream so the BBC can still have a bit of a jolly! 

13 minutes ago, gfa said:

What is the normal format for Pilton Party ticket sales? Guessing they go as quick as the main festival and the announcement of the acts is after the ticket sale right?

It used to be the case you had to queue up at the office on the high street in Glastonbury and any remainder went on sale to general public through see tickets.

I vaguely remember ringing up at least once and paying for them over the phone but not sure when that stopped.

10 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

People may be forgetting that the Pilton Party is part of a whole weekend of events in the village. Holding any event over that weekend is likely to impact on the other events planned.

Does this mean that a weekend event could take place before this though?

I'm intrigued to know if they would need to apply for a licence (i assume they would?) in which case surely the notice period to residents would have to be relatively soon?

P.S. you totally know something 😉

On 3/11/2021 at 10:57 AM, JoeyT said:

Does this mean that a weekend event could take place before this though?

I'm intrigued to know if they would need to apply for a licence (i assume they would?) in which case surely the notice period to residents would have to be relatively soon?

P.S. you totally know something 😉

The term has ayear round site licencec can hold as many events as it wants whenever it wants.