Pilton Party 2021

Crazyfool01

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

thats new isnt it ? the headliner thing dont they normally just get a slot on  the lineup somewhere ?

It use to be that the winner opened up the pyramid stage. Then it changed to opening up a stage (Travelling Band opened the park). Now, because they want a variety of genres as winners, they now open a stage that fits their sound). All the bands in the final generally get a slot somewhere at the festival on a stage at sometime,  even if that's god o'clock in the morning at a cafe stage.

Wonder what dates will be used? It’s normally on the first weekend of September if I am thinking correctly? 

Although I think I remember Michael saying something previously about trying to match the date of the very first festival. That may have been for last year.

7 minutes ago, Jcatley said:

Wonder what dates will be used? It’s normally on the first weekend of September if I am thinking correctly? 

Although I think I remember Michael saying something previously about trying to match the date of the very first festival. That may have been for last year.

He did indeed so let’s hope it is that!!  (My daughters birthday is first weekend in Sept!)

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

He did indeed so let’s hope it is that!!  (My daughters birthday is first weekend in Sept!)

I’m selfishly hoping for that date as well ha! Always bogged down by exams the first full week of September.

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Can see this being a very limited two day event at sky high prices, with exemptions for locals.

That's what I'm thinking. Luxury yurt glamping to squeeze some charity cash out of those with more money than sense*, maybe day tickets or standard camping for locals.

* Yes, I'm including myself here!

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

It use to be that the winner opened up the pyramid stage. Then it changed to opening up a stage (Travelling Band opened the park). Now, because they want a variety of genres as winners, they now open a stage that fits their sound). All the bands in the final generally get a slot somewhere at the festival on a stage at sometime,  even if that's god o'clock in the morning at a cafe stage.

Got to say battle of the bands produces some amazing unknown material!!! A great little competition to follow!! 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Could they use this event toggle back to NHS and key workers? Offering them tickets as a way of saying thanks.

I’d doubt it as much as it would be a great gesture there is a festival industry that needs help rebuilding... it is also helps the local community in Pilton ... so hopefully that continues along with those people getting offered the tickets first