Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

22 minutes ago, branvan said:

Update to the VIP-Upgrade with DICE: DICE says not possible - you have to buy new tickets - but Primavera is now answering it should be possible and the problem is getting fixed... 

Where have Primavera said the issue is getting fixed?

I'm not having any joy with Dice.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yep you’d have access to them, and I think it’s pretty much a case of first come first served so just pick a venue each night, get there early to queue and stick with it.

I heard they gave out tickets for the midweek gigs - i.e you turn up at midday and bag a ticket then come back later in the evening for the gig. 

Can anyone confirm that? 

7 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

I heard they gave out tickets for the midweek gigs - i.e you turn up at midday and bag a ticket then come back later in the evening for the gig. 

Can anyone confirm that? 

They haven't announced anything in terms of this yet and probably won't do until nearer the time. For previous shows you just turned up, but I suspect there'll have to be ticket allocation this time to keep things under control.

5 hours ago, scattered_screens said:

I often wonder their position on lineups too, maybe they're cheap to book? I agree though, the more TOTBL the better. They're probably due a new album soon though. 

One of them lives in Barcelona so they have a "local" bonus. They also have excellent connections to PS because of that. 

I doubt theyll do a 20th anniversary thing for TOTBL, bc they already did that for the 15th. But Our Love to Admire turns 15 too. I just wish they'd play more varied sets. I've seen them 6 or 7 times now and its getting a little bit monotonous at festivals. They always bring out the same songs from the first two, while hardly playing anything of OLTA and El Pintor, never mind the s/t (which is ok bc that really isn't great).

Edited by Quadrophobia

2 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

One of them lives in Barcelona so they have a "local" bonus. They also have excellent connections to PS because of that. 

I doubt theyll do a 20th anniversary thing for TOTBL, bc they already did that for the 15th. But Our Love to Admire turns 15 too. I just wish they'd play more varied sets. I've seen them 6 or 7 times now and its getting a little bit monotonous at festivals.

They haven't released any music since playing Primavera for the last time, so I'd say they are either planning on releasing an album in the coming year and mixing it up a bit or rolling with a 20-year TOTBL set.

31 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I doubt theyll do a 20th anniversary thing for TOTBL, bc they already did that for the 15th. But Our Love to Admire turns 15 too. I just wish they'd play more varied sets. I've seen them 6 or 7 times now and its getting a little bit monotonous at festivals. They always bring out the same songs from the first two, while hardly playing anything of OLTA and El Pintor, never mind the s/t (which is ok bc that really isn't great).

Eh, they stick to what people want. TOTBL is considered the masterpiece with Antics not far behind and everything else has been diminishing returns (although I actually really like OLTA despite the mixed reception it received and would enjoy more of that popping up in the sets) so those albums are always gonna be featured heavily with everything else taking a backseat. 

I assume they’ll have a new album out so that’s what they’ll be touring, but a nod and wink to the TOTBL anniversary would go down a treat too, even if it is just one more song than they’d usually play from it.

6 minutes ago, Karl_Mcr said:

Only ones they've listed so far. Something planned for Thurs or is that a trick of the booking system as the first night?

image.png.555ec1f4e52ca66a5e20e40b2d9a6717.png

Yeah this is a pretty common bug for most festivals listed on stuff like Bandsintown, unfortunately, where it has an event start date and the actual date the act is playing.

6 minutes ago, Karl_Mcr said:

Only ones they've listed so far. Something planned for Thurs or is that a trick of the booking system as the first night?

image.png.555ec1f4e52ca66a5e20e40b2d9a6717.png

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

Oh strange, I wonder... Karen O doing a Lux Prima set could be cool

If they embedded songkick or smth like that is just a standard thing that happens. There may just have been two events in the system that were both triggered. I've seen this happen quite often resulting in Bands being listed on the first day of the festival and the day theyre actually playing

11 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Yeah this is a pretty common bug for most festivals listed on stuff like Bandsintown, unfortunately, where it has an event start date and the actual date the act is playing.

Yes, that's my thinking too.

5 minutes ago, bryano1000 said:

Any recommendations/hidden gems for Day 1 of Weekend 1? Bit underwhelmed on first look. The other two days are stacked for me personally.

The Armed and Turnstile if you like Hardcore and bands that have taken their own turn off of that, Lingua Ignota for Opera Darkwave Idustrial, Faye Webster for R&B influenced Indie Pop, Oklou for ASMR Pop meets PC Music and Rina Sawayama is one of the best pop acts in recent time. Also Les Savy Fav if you like collective-style Bands like Broken Social Scene.
And Black Midi of course, if you haven't already checked them out, bc of the hype.

Edited by Quadrophobia

55 minutes ago, bryano1000 said:

Any recommendations/hidden gems for Day 1 of Weekend 1? Bit underwhelmed on first look. The other two days are stacked for me personally.

Both of these bands are on the undercard that day and I personally hope to see them to perform this song together:

18 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

Still really gutted that FKA Twigs, Arthur Verocai and Freddie Gibbs and Madlib aren't on the new line up. Three of my must sees gone! 

You are like the old lady having a big ham under her arm on the left side and a big cheese on the right side and screaming she has no bread

• Upvote 1

Cheers all - plenty to investigate there 👍

Final question: for the 'A la Cuitat' gigs, it says the likes of Beck, Disclosure, Interpol etc (all the ones in blue) are playing the Forum...is that the Parc Del Forum? So it will be like the traditional Wednesday with a few bands on the same big stage?