Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

13 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

If they are to add any other headliners it'll surely be before tickets go on sale. Imagine committing to one weekend and then a few days later the festival goes and announces your favourite band for the other one! Id be livid.

Yeah I don’t see them announcing any more stuff that soon so new headliners seems unlikely for this very reason. They’ve literally just announced a massive hugely praised lineup so doesn’t make any sense to just announce some other random stuff a few days later, although I guess if any festival was gonna shake shit up then it’s Primavera so I’ll wait with my arse clenched.

24 minutes ago, ohseptember said:

I contacted Primavera about this today & they confirmed that is no longer the case. "Weekend 1 + Weekend 2 tickets, basic and VIP, have priority access to Primavera a La Ciutat. VIP tickets for one weekend have priority access at Parc del Fòrum."

As someone who already selected not to upgrade to include the second weekend & has has had VIP tickets since June 2019 I'm very annoyed.

That is odd. VIP for either week is more expensive than a regular ticket for both weekends. I understand why VIPs for both weeks get priority but not why single-week VIPs?

15% of tickets to each gig go to the public. Something to consider if you're desperate for entry. 

I'll turn up hours early for the King Giz sets and hope for the best. I really do hope they organise a arrive at xPM and collect your ticket/queue spot

1 hour ago, TheFullShaboo said:

If they are to add any other headliners it'll surely be before tickets go on sale. Imagine committing to one weekend and then a few days later the festival goes and announces your favourite band for the other one! Id be livid.

I feel like I have to state the bleeding obvious here, but the festival is still more than a year away. It's really hard for anyone to commit to anything.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, D-Low said:

What time do tickets normally go on sale and I know it’s hard to judge but do we expect them to sell out fairly quickly? (Think there’s more on sale this year am i right with an increase in capacity?) 

Goes on sale June 1st, 10:00. At least on Dice it does.

I think it'll sell pretty fast. Not minutes fast but days. Each weekend stands up on its own but the two weekends seems like a very rare and unmissable experience for a lot of music fans, and of course it's already half sold-out. Either way, if missing out would tear you apart then be sharp.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, daveje said:

I feel like I have to state the bleeding obvious here, but the festival is still more than a year away. It's really hard for anyone to commit to anything.

I’m pretty sure that most people will need to commit before the end of June if they want to be heading Primavera in 2022. I’d imagine the majority of existing ticket holders have already picked which weekend they want to go next year. 

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Goes on sale June 1st, 10:00. At least on Dice it does.

I think it'll sell pretty fast. Not minutes fast but days. Each weekend stands up on its own but the two weekends seems like a very rare and unmissable experience for a lot of music fans, and of course it's already half sold-out. Either way, if missing out would tear you apart then be sharp.

it's a bit problematic this year, since there are the ticket holders from 2021 that will ask for refund, and those are processed only later. so they will probably say it's sold out sometime in June (at least weekend 1), but later tickets will be back to market

10 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Really don’t see Bad Bunny or Rosalia being added at this point. Why would they not be revealed initially to drive ticket prices straight off the bat?

Would love to be proven wrong but agree that we’re not getting any more headliners. Some more big-ish acts for sure, but the top tiers just seem so insanely packed already that I can’t see anything else being added.

I would absolutely agree with you here.

But if those capacity 20k+ rumours from @davidoffescassihave any substance behind them I don't know any more. 😝 This would lead to 100.000 extra weekend tickets going on sale on Tuesday + refund requests. And Primavera wasn't sold out in all past editions with (much) smaller capacity, let alone two weekends.

Interesting for sure.

10 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

That is odd. VIP for either week is more expensive than a regular ticket for both weekends. I understand why VIPs for both weeks get priority but not why single-week VIPs?

15% of tickets to each gig go to the public. Something to consider if you're desperate for entry. 

I'll turn up hours early for the King Giz sets and hope for the best. I really do hope they organise a arrive at xPM and collect your ticket/queue spot

The pricetag & previous perks available at time of purchase is exactly what makes the change confusing. Not to mention holding onto tickets for what will be three years by the time it actually takes place.  I wouldn't be as irritated about the change if I wasn't dead set on seeing King Gizz every opportunity possible.

Thankful I've been to Barcelona enough to not care much about exploring the city & spending time queuing up instead. May still try for some allotted tickets, per your suggestion.

1 hour ago, Createur said:

I would absolutely agree with you here.

But if those capacity 20k+ rumours from @davidoffescassihave any substance behind them I don't know any more. 😝 This would lead to 100.000 extra weekend tickets going on sale on Tuesday + refund requests. And Primavera wasn't sold out in all past editions with (much) smaller capacity, let alone two weekends.

Interesting for sure.

The increased capacity is more than a rumour. Spanish media reporting the announcement of the two-weekend thing and A La Ciutat also said capacity will be increased to 75/80,000. I can't find the stat on the PS website but it must have come from an official source. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ohseptember said:

The pricetag & previous perks available at time of purchase is exactly what makes the change confusing. Not to mention holding onto tickets for what will be three years by the time it actually takes place.  I wouldn't be as irritated about the change if I wasn't dead set on seeing King Gizz every opportunity possible.

Thankful I've been to Barcelona enough to not care much about exploring the city & spending time queuing up instead. May still try for some allotted tickets, per your suggestion.

I'm in the same boat mate. The lineup is great but seeing King Giz B2B in the week pushes this toward GOAT status.

I've spoken to other fans and there will be a whole bunch of us with the same idea. I think a big group chat nearer the time will help. It'd only need one person to relay info on queues/tickets on the day. Ultimately if 2,000 VIPs rock up for Razzmatazz and we're kept out then fair play to 'em. But I think that's unlikely.

a couple of quick questions:

1) weekend 1: i don't understand about the possible clash, at least with the headliners the situation it's safe (especially day 2 i NEED TO KNOW i can see the 3 head without any painful decisions

2) due to work trouble i think to buy day tickets for friday and saturday but in 1 year things can change a lot, it's more easy to resell the day tickets in case of problems or it's better take the weekend ticket and, in case, missing the first day of fest but with more possibilities to resell the weekend tickets in case?

thanks for any help guys

6 minutes ago, davalex said:

weekend 1: i don't understand about the possible clash, at least with the headliners the situation it's safe (especially day 2 i NEED TO KNOW i can see the 3 head without any painful decisions

No one understands the clashes fully until the set times are announced. There are always painful decisions. Primavera's strength is in the undercard so expect clashes. 

31 minutes ago, davalex said:

a couple of quick questions:

1) weekend 1: i don't understand about the possible clash, at least with the headliners the situation it's safe (especially day 2 i NEED TO KNOW i can see the 3 head without any painful decisions

2) due to work trouble i think to buy day tickets for friday and saturday but in 1 year things can change a lot, it's more easy to resell the day tickets in case of problems or it's better take the weekend ticket and, in case, missing the first day of fest but with more possibilities to resell the weekend tickets in case?

thanks for any help guys

The headliners are all on one after each other with no clashes on alternating stages facing each other so if it’s the headliners you’re interested in you should be fine.

I think you should be fine selling any tickets if it turns out you can’t go to any of the days. I’m sure by the time the festival comes around in a year any tickets will be pretty sought after so somebody will buy them from you.

Bit bored so just booked our flights, 31st May to 11 Jun. Only £85 ret, good times and there were even cheaper ones available. Better hope I can get a festival ticket on Tuesday now!

Think we might do the first weekend festival, hang around for the gigs - only massively bothered about Slowdive so will throw everything at getting into that - and then get out to the coast for a couple of days to recover. Anyone been to Sitges? I've heard it's nice.

On 5/29/2021 at 3:50 PM, davidoffescassi said:

Bad Bunny 99% in. 

Let's be honest, many of the artists who go big in the line-up are not "strong" headliners. I love The National or Pavement, but they are not Nick Cave, Gorillaz, Dua Lipa or The Strokes. Same for Jorja Smith, Interpol, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, or even Megan Thee Stallion. 

Won't be a surprise to me if we could see The xx (Romy and Jamie will be there), Portishead, MBV, or something like that in the future. Even Arcade Fire. 

This year they have raised the price of tickets a lot, and they are going to expand the capacity to 20k more. Bigger names can (and should) be allowed, specially for the last day of w2, the weaker day by far.

Jesus you people 😄 

Are you honestly thinking there will be more headliners or is this some sort of running gag? I can throw around names and call them 99% likely too. 

This Line Up is stacked beyond measure for PS standards. This aint Mad Cool where they just throw around money senselelssly. 

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Jesus you people 😄 

Are you honestly thinking there will be more headliners or is this some sort of running gag? I can throw around names and call them 99% likely too. 

This Line Up is stacked beyond measure for PS standards. This aint Mad Cool where they just throw around money senselelssly. 

Completly agree, and people wonder about Bad Bunny 🤦🏻‍♂️...

There'll definitely be some nice undercard additions (hoping for Forest Swords and Floating Points) and I imagine some hidden/lastminute sets, but I simply can't see them adding headliners when they're already asking people to choose between weekends before they buy this week. People would kick off big time.

Gabi really should have never mentioned Portishead or NIN last year because there'll be people in denial until the festival happens convinced they'll somehow be playing.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

There'll definitely be some nice undercard additions (hoping for Forest Swords and Floating Points) and I imagine some hidden/lastminute sets, but I simply can't see them adding headliners when they're already asking people to choose between weekends before they buy this week. People would kick off big time.

Gabi really should have never mentioned Portishead or NIN last year because there'll be people in denial until the festival happens convinced they'll somehow be playing.

Yeah, some great artists to be announced surely. But no headliners. Except of course some name thats too small to fill in for whoever will cancel

Edited by Quadrophobia

Without expecting more headliners, I wouldn't rule it out: look at how some days have four names in bold at the top, whereas others only have three. It all depends at this point who's been booked for the Mordor stages and if there are open spots left. The second Friday, for instance, seems like it could still use a closing Mordor act that would play after 2am.

And of course, if weekend 2 doesn't sell out right away, it could add another incentive for the organization to book a big name.

Edited by SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot

2 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

Jesus you people 😄 

You can throw all the names you want, I can tell Bad Bunny 99%

You all have to be more faith in your friend Davidoff. ALEGRIA

Edited by davidoffescassi