Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

King Gizzard are due to play Athens on Tuesday and Wednesday and this is their message 

Unfortunately our absolute juggernaut of a drummer has tested positive to Covid. Though he is irreplaceable, the show must go on. We are going to piece together 2 weird and unique shows in Athens without him. Might be a bit acoustic, maybe some drum machines. Honestly got no idea what we’re gonna do, but we gonna do… something. Can’t wait to get to Athens. We love you. Get well soon Mickeys Cavs xox
We understand this is a big change and refunds will be available for anyone who wants them. 

Thanks!
Sam 

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Tolis said:

King Gizzard are due to play Athens on Tuesday and Wednesday and this is their message 

Unfortunately our absolute juggernaut of a drummer has tested positive to Covid. Though he is irreplaceable, the show must go on. We are going to piece together 2 weird and unique shows in Athens without him. Might be a bit acoustic, maybe some drum machines. Honestly got no idea what we’re gonna do, but we gonna do… something. Can’t wait to get to Athens. We love you. Get well soon Mickeys Cavs xox
We understand this is a big change and refunds will be available for anyone who wants them. 

Thanks!
Sam 

This Is fantastic, this Is the real spirit of a band...I am touched, I hope the drummer is at BCN but they are already doing something great ... this is a fucking rock band!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Someone told me passport check queues coming into Barcelona a couple weeks ago were really bad for UK passengers. Two hour queue 😬

Fingers crossed they sort something, I know Portugal are opening up the EU gates to UK passengers to prevent queues. Gonna be a busy one with the long bank holiday 

Recent experience is that queues for UK airport arrivals are way worse than Barcelona arrivals.

That said clearly a tonne of people are arriving this week. I reckon 1 hour possible but probably more like half of that and obviously there’s a wait for checked bags anyway for those that have them.

Edited by xxialac

5 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Manchester airport is having a bit of a mare with luggage apparently, although not for everyone - still, if you're going from mcr, I would arrive very very early 

Took us an 50 mins  to get through T1  security today, hand luggage only. Guess it just depends how many other flights are going out at the same!

Bristol has been having an absolute shocker for 5-6 weeks now. Anyone flying out of there get there v early , esp if on a reasonably early flight. Especially if you have to check a bag. Apparently it does tend to improve a bit as the day goes on , but it’s a regular horror show in the mornings (lots of early flights scheduled)

23 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Are there still no sounds from Deerhunter or Bradford Cox? Just assumed they'd have turned up by now. 

Don’t seem to be active at all at the moment so unlikely they’ll be rocking up to Primavera unfortunately.

Also, a bit of good news finally…

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, internetjef said:

Bristol has been having an absolute shocker for 5-6 weeks now. Anyone flying out of there get there v early , esp if on a reasonably early flight. Especially if you have to check a bag. Apparently it does tend to improve a bit as the day goes on , but it’s a regular horror show in the mornings (lots of early flights scheduled)

Ah god, you’ve set off my anxieties again. Doesn’t help that we have the three hour drive up from Cornwall first and our flight is in the morning.

I cannot wait to just be in my hotel and ready to enter the festival site. Everything feels so chaotic at the moment.

51 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Can someone confirm that this is the right travel card to go for?

https://www.tmb.cat/en/barcelona-fares-metro-bus/single-and-integrated/t-casual

For the 2 weeks I'm in Barcelona I'm gonna get the T-usual, which is 40 euros for 30 consecutive days of rides. If you're there for a week or less, I'd suggest the T-casual

19 minutes ago, Gregorick said:

Ah god, you’ve set off my anxieties again. Doesn’t help that we have the three hour drive up from Cornwall first and our flight is in the morning.

I cannot wait to just be in my hotel and ready to enter the festival site. Everything feels so chaotic at the moment.

Apologies mate. Was not my intention, just wanted those travelling through to be well aware of the recent and  ongoing delays. I believe they are hugely undermanned in terms of airport staff 

what day / time you flying out? 

Now that we need the app/QR code for entry, what happens in the case of a lost/broken phone? I'm assuming a screenshot given to friend could work but then you would need to arrive on-site at the same time (I'm going in a group and it's not unlikely I'll want to head to the festival earlier than them). Unlikely scenarios but adding to the existing anxiety.

6 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Apologies mate. Was not my intention, just wanted those travelling through to be well aware of the recent and  ongoing delays. I believe they are hugely undermanned in terms of airport staff 

what day / time you flying out? 

Nah it’s no problem, will just mean we set off earlier to make sure we get through. Can’t help still feeling like it will all through after everything these last 2+ years! Tuesday around 11ish we fly so hopefully it’s all fine.

6 minutes ago, InvalidUsername said:

Now that we need the app/QR code for entry, what happens in the case of a lost/broken phone? I'm assuming a screenshot given to friend could work but then you would need to arrive on-site at the same time (I'm going in a group and it's not unlikely I'll want to head to the festival earlier than them). Unlikely scenarios but adding to the existing anxiety.

Since Acces Ticket is ID verified linked tickets, i suppose they could do something with your Identity to get it back no ? 

1 minute ago, elmalash said:

Since Acces Ticket is ID verified linked tickets, i suppose they could do something with your Identity to get it back no ? 

Yeah I assume that’s part of the reasoning for needing to scan your I.D. - so that they can verify that you’ve got a ticket if you lose your phone or whatever.

8 minutes ago, Gregorick said:

Nah it’s no problem, will just mean we set off earlier to make sure we get through. Can’t help still feeling like it will all through after everything these last 2+ years! Tuesday around 11ish we fly so hopefully it’s all fine.

Ah good that it’s not an early one anyway. Yeah I would say just head off real early even if that means a pretty frightening wake up time. Worst case you arrive nice and early and have time to deal with a large que, best case it’s not as bad as I have made out , you sail through and can grab a nap gateside (or have a couple of breakfast beers in bar). Sure it will all be absolutely fine , but if you were on the fence about that extra 30 mins in bed etc , hopefully this is the nudge you need to set the alarm clock earlier 

i share your general anxiety though. I live 15 mins drive from airport and I’m still loathe to get too excited in case something scuppers me between now and my Wednesday am flight. Feel like I can’t fully mentally commit until the plane touches down Spain side

10 hours ago, broccoli said:

question about hand luggage on flights cos ive not been on a plane for years..my backpack is about 10cm wider than ryanair says i can have, but always fits under seats etc. will i be alright just squashing it in?

You’ll be absolutely fine, yeah. As long as it stuffs underneath and doesn’t obstruct too much of the seat well. Under seat bags can be much bigger than you think 

7 minutes ago, Whatsmelogin said:

So I haven’t been here in weeks but I see things are kicking off in PS’ Instagram comments. 

Can anyone kindly summarise what’s going on? Why are people suggesting Tame Impala and the strokes are out?!

One of the members of The Strokes has covid and they cancelled a gig yesterday so them being at weekend 1 may be in doubt. No idea what’s going on with Tame Impala though.

2 hours ago, internetjef said:

Flying at 10:20 AM on Wednesday 8th - hopefully has calmed down a bit by then as it won't be half term that week.

Got airport transfer service picking us up at 6am - should arrive at airport 07:45 - hopefully that's enough time...

• Like 1